Part 11 : How Andrew Sees It

-《Andrew's POV》-

{Recap from chapter 4.........}
This is a special chapter covering Andrew's perspective.

................

Tap... tap... tap...

The sounds of my shoes clicking softly resounded as I walked along the halls of the Roselle estate, filled with large square windows and servants passing by, creating a dignified atmosphere, worthy of a Ducal household.

I came here expectant of seeing my new fiancé. We were actually supposed to meet tommorow, but catching her off guard would be more interesting, wouldn't it? Naturally, I kept my arrival a secret.

Let's see what she's been up to without my presence. My lips curled upwards upon the thought.

As I got closer towards the door to her room, the voice of someone unexpected breached my ears, making me alarmed.

"Dump that scumbag prince and choose me instead!"

That voice-
Clayden!

I clenched my fist tightly upon hearing that idiot's words. What audacity he has!
To dare say that about m- to the fiancé of the royal prince of all people... that impudent-

Wait, as a royal family member I must refrain from cursing. Ahem.

I peeked through the small gap on the door, curious towards Airene's reaction. But there was nothing but silence, causing me to question the lack of enthusiasm Airene had regarding the sudden proposal. Though she looked baffled, she quickly regained her composure. Though, the question marks in her eyes could practically be seen.

It finally donned upon me that Airene was... one of us. A normal five year old brat would either shout in confusion, panic, or maybe shriek in excitement. But her reaction was like that of an adult's

I knew it. Something is different from her.

The door the slammed open, causing my full figure to emerge. I strutted towards their location and grasped tight hold of Clayden's wrist.

"What are you doing to my fiancé?"
Furious, I threatened him with an interrogative tone.

Though I may not be that intimate with Airene, I should at least act the part of a proper fiancé. Aside from that... she will be... beneficial to our country. Since I could now proudly state that the rumours have all been false.

Clayden simply lazily smirked at me as if he could read my mind. Hence, I glared coldly at him. He may be my cousin and all, but he is still a pain in the butt.

"Your highness, I was just joking about this, you see. Airene's powers is extraordinary. Wait, no that is an understatement... though, needless to say, it's a waste on you."

See, I told you. A royal pain in the butt.

He even dared to mock me, ever since we were born, we had somehow never gotten along.
I recalled Queen Mother giggling while explaining how Clayden and I met. We sat on the rocking chair and she started telling me the story.

'When you were two years old, your cousin, Clayden came to visit. He looked upon the cradle and eyed intently at you, the baby inside. He roughly placed his palm atop your delicate skin and asked me with an expressionless face.

"Auntie, why does he look so ugly?"

I was surprised by the sudden question and couldn't help but burst out in laughter. I gently stroked his head and explained to him.