Part 10 : Trial (1)

I really wanna smack my head in seeing so many plotholes I needed to fix. Please comment anything that doesn't make sense to you, I will wholeheartedly appreciate it. Thank you ^^

Ah and remember what I ever said about this being a light read? Yeah... well, screw it. :D
In a few chaps, you will know why...
Yep, this book aint fluff at all, only grey and chrona are fluff... lol. Ah and I made Clayden more hostile to Andrew for a reason, just you won't know it yet for a while~
Mkay, back to the story xP

***

Clayden's figure emerged from the lake below the waterfall. And like Jesus, he gracefully walked on the surface of the water, a golden halo on his head. Though he appeared from the river, his outfit wasn't soaked at all. Like a ghost--

Wait no, he's not dead lol, but the dramatic appearance is kinda too much.

Clayden quickly ran to where we were standing, looking clean and fresh, not a single blemish on him with a crescent shaped earing on his ear. He turned to stand directly in front of Vird who was about 20 cm taller.

"Master, isn't it too harsh to give him that punishment for failing? Since he is royalty and all... it would be dangerous."

Clayden defended with a threatening tone. I widened my eyes in disbelief, he's actually standing up for Andrew?

I turned to observe Andrew's expression about this and saw one of his eyebrow raised and disbelief written all over his face. If I were mocked and insulted 24/7, I would surely have the same expression as him.

But indeed, Clayden never intended to help Andrew at all.

"That's why you need to make it harsher! Since he is a royal, he should be given top quality in everything, including punishments. Ah, this only applies to Andrew though."

Everyone flinched and I choked on my saliva before trembling to hold my laughter. It's amazing how his sharp tongue is always polished, wherever, whenever.

Andrew and Vird visibly flinched hearing his words. The former's frown deepened, while the latter laughed heartily.

"Since the both of you seem really close, I've decided that I wouldn't make it that difficult for you."

Vird let out another laugh and patted Andrew's shoulder. This scene could be viewed as a touching one, but upon closer inspection, it turned to a horrifying one. Vird was still pressuring him using his spiked aura while glaring murderously, causing chills to run down his spine.

Noticing Andrew trembling while trying to maintain a calm facade, I was also opened to the reality of the scene. And my impression of Vird changed.

He then retracted his hand and smiled lazily at Andrew.

"Kay, then congrats! You've already passed, boy!"

".........."
For a moment, silence engulfed the entire room.

...What?! I looked around to see everyone's reaction. Clayden who looked happy seeing Andrew tremble suddenly frowned, his eyes glinted in displeasure. Chrona on the other hand just covered one hand over her mouth in surprise.

"...So you're saying that was the test?!"
Andrew protested in confusion, while the menacing aura around Vird dissapeared without a trace.

"Naive! You may have balls of steel, but who said that the trial only consisted of one part? There will naturally be more trials later on..."

Vird said all that with a sorrow looking scowl, all while smacking Andrew's ass. Unknown to the victim, his expression slightly darkened.

I Laughed at Andrew's face twisting due to being smacked in the ass for the very first time. Embarrassed, he turned his beat red face around and muttered solemnly in his heart.
My dignity in front of my fiance... is gone.