Part 14 : Past and Present, Let's Talk (2)

This Chapter is told from
Chrona's POV.

***

A week has passed since we visited the Grand Mage, and today is the promised date to meet with Airene to discuss. I felt nervous about going alone, so I brought Helen, my most trusted maid along with me.

When Master revealed that I was poisoned by someone close to me, I felt weak, anxious, and nervous to the point that it escalated to my dreams. At one point, I'd even dreamt of my brother being the bad guy, heavily scaring me.

I sat down inside the carriage, my body tense. Though after some time had passed, I started feeling sleepy, and I dozed off.

***

"Mama! Papa! Bwother!"

"Chrona my dear,.. what are you doing here?"

"I hewd fwom the maids twat gwampa has fwinished examining my magic!"

Mama and Papa gazed strangely at each other before smiling at me.
"Yes... he sure did honey!"

Then, Mama gently pat my head and brother approached me and held my hand.
"Chrona, we should go in first. Mother and father has some... matters to discuss."

"Ok, Brother!"
Big brother smiled as I replied to him but looking at his expression, I frowned. Why does he seem sad?

..............................

"Honey....what are we supposed to do about this...?"
The Marchioness weekly sobbed, covering her face with her two palms.

The marquess embraced the marchioness and gently caressed while reassuring her, wiping away her tears. But despite his calm expression, he was experiencing an inner turmoil as well.

"Should we tell her...? But I don't want to hurt my precious child!"
Crying, the marchioness gripped the marquess's vest tightly.

"Honey... right now, there is nothing else we can do. We must firm our resolve and tell her. It is for her sake, as well as our responsibility as parents."

The marchioness thought deeply and agreed that what the Marquess said was right.

Unwillingly, she agreed.
"...I understand. But... give her some time."

Unbeknownst to everyone, a dark slender figure crept behind a pillar, hiding behind the two solemn figures. The figure held up a small, ball shaped device and whispered to it.

"Master Luciela, mission accomplished."

...............................................................
.
..
...
....
...........

"Bwother! Bwother!"

"What is it, Chrona?"

"Brower! Do you know my magic wesult?"
I gazed at my brother with an expectant gaze. My parents and big brother are powerful, so I should be too, right?

"Hmm... no I don't."

"C'mon, don't wie, big bwother!"

"But I really don't know."
I pouted, but big brother refused to tell me anything and just smiled while carrying me to my room.

"It's getting late now. You should rest first."
Before leaving, he kissed me on the forehead and hugged me. I felt his embrace tighter than usual.

"Bwother....
Is somtwing the mawer...?" (Matter)

"No, it's nothing."
He made a complex expression before walking out of the room. He told me goodnight before shutting the door. The lights dim, I quickly dozed off, expectant for finally knowing my magic results tommorow.