01| Home

(Chapter One| Home)
"HEY, HEY, SLOW YOUR ROLL, IT'S ME!"

(Chapter One| Home)"HEY, HEY, SLOW YOUR ROLL, IT'S ME!"

☂️
Katherine Hargreeves. After leaving the Umbrella Academy at age 17, she wanted to make a name for herself. She didn't want to just be Number 8 anymore, in the Umbrella Academy she had been pushed harder than any of the others as her father believed that her ability to run at great speeds could never be limited and he was right.

Katherine's powers were nothing short of remarkable by the age of 12 she was reaching speeds of 3000 miles per hour and yet Hargreeves kept pushing.

After graduating business school and hearing about Allison's great success as a film star, not that she was surprised, it was all just a rumor anyway. But Katherine Hargreeves has ended up being the most successful of them all, owning the biggest casino in Las Vegas, she was making millions every week and her siblings were clueless.

The best part apart secretly owning a Casino, is that Katherine could go in as often as she wanted and gamble the night away without losing any money. Spending years alone trying the build up her business had led her to acquire many skills, for one, she had never lost a drunk Vegas fist fight and for two, she had never lost a bet. The Vegas locals call her The Collector, the undefeated champion.

Poker, Blackjack,Roulette or Baccarat whoever, wherever she played, she always won. It was foolish to go up against her but the opponents kept coming, not only was she stacking up racks from the people wasting their money in her casino but she was also playing and winning. If her siblings could have seen her then, she would've thought they'd have been disappointed in her lifestyle choices but unlike them she was happy.

Her and Diego had had a complicated past, as children they were best friends, as teenagers they were something more, they both had feelings for each other but neither had admitted it and when the time came, they had grown apart.

———

A busy evening for the Golden Rose Casino, Katherine sat in a skin-tight cocktail dress, hands on the balcony looking down upon the thousands of people enjoying themselves. She picked up her glass of scotch from the glass table next to her drinking the remainder before placing it back down with a clink.

She felt a presence behind her, she swiftly turned on her shiny designer heels and grabbed the unknown person by their neck.

"Hey, hey, slow your roll. It's me!"

Katherine dropped the figure, her best friend, Meredith Scotts, a kind woman, who knew all of her secrets and never failed to put s smile on her face.

"Did anyone ever tell you your a little paranoid, Kat?" Her friend asked, pouring herself a drink from the bar behind her.
"No, why do you ask?" Katherine smirked.
Meredith scoffed. "No reason."