07|The Dealer

(Chapter 7| The Dealer)

"I'M NEVER ONE TO BACK DOWN FROM A CHALLENGE."

☂️(Five years ago)The first time Katherine Hargreeves had ever been speechless was when she picked up Vanya's book, walking passed a bookshop in Vegas and seeing a picture of her sister as a child plastered across a book was enough to make her hea...

☂️
(Five years ago)
The first time Katherine Hargreeves had ever been speechless was when she picked up Vanya's book, walking passed a bookshop in Vegas and seeing a picture of her sister as a child plastered across a book was enough to make her heart stop.

So after Katherine had purchased and read it, she was not impressed, well she was by Vanya's writing skills but not by the descriptions.
A 'selfishly beautiful man eater' were the words her sister used to describe her, along with 'petty' and a "stuck up bitch'.

'My name is Vanya Hargreeves and this is my story.
We were never a real family.
We were our father's creation, family in name but not in fact.
In the end, after our brother Ben had died, here was really nothing connecting us.
We were just strangers living under the same roof destined to be alone, starved for attention, damaged by our upbringings and haunted by what might have been.

We all wanted to be loved by a man incapable of giving love. Our father never missed an opportunity to remind me that I was ordinary.
A hard thing for a little girl to here. If you're raised to believe nothing about you is special, if the benchmark is extraordinary, what do you do if you're not?'

Nothing about the book brought Katherine joy, in fact, it made her more angry then anything else. The fact that her own sister would use their family secrets and open the wounds of their childhood to publicise herself and make herself some extra cash.

Katherine had always tried to include Vanya no matter how her father protested and she had been stabbed in the back by the person she though was the least likely to.

———

Luther, Allison and Katherine sat in the same room that the sisters had discovered the mysterious video, watching it for what felt like the hundredth time. There was silence, it wasn't awkward but still silence, Katherine fidgeted in her seat, her eyes not leaving the tv screen.

"Play it again." Luther Said with a sigh.

"We've watched it over and over again, Luther. It's the same every time." Allison said.

"We aren't getting any younger here." Katherine rolled her eyes.

Luther let our yet another sigh much to Katherine's annoyance.

"What is she doing?" Luther stammered, pointing to the video.

"The tea. Did she poison him? Luther answered his own question without waiting for his sisters to speak.