04| Fake Detectives

(Chapter 4|Fake Detectives)

"ARE YOU SURE THAT AIN'T INDIGESTION?"

Katherine, Klaus and Ben were in the second floor corridor, playing hopscotch on the floorboards when they heard the bell ring for dinner.

Katherine lifted her head from the game quickly before smirking at her brothers.
"Race you."

The little brunette raced off down the hard wood staircase, bringing herself to a walk just before reaching the dining room, ignoring the shouts of protest from her brothers and the heavy footsteps coming from the stairs.

The other children piled into the room, standing behind their chairs, her designated seat being between Five and Diego.

"Sit." Hargreeves commanded and the children obeyed, Katherine began to dig into her dinner, being starved after a long day of training.

Bang!

Five stabbed his knife into the table making Katherine jump and look up from her meal and notice Five's agitated look.

"Number Five?" Hargreeves questioned.

"I have a question." He said through gritted teeth.

"Knowledge is an admiral goal but you know the rules, no talking during mealtimes. You are interrupting Herr Carlson." Katherine rolled her eyes at her fathers wish to listen to a man on the TV rather than his own son.

"I want to time travel." Five dropped his knife and fork and folding his hands.

"No."

"But I'm reading. I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." Five pushed his chair out and stood up before teleporting next to Hargreeves's chair.

"See?"

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn."

"Well, I don't get it." Five put his hands in his pockets and scoffed.

"Hence there reason your not ready."

Five looked down the table and spotted Katherine giving him a look and gestured for him to sit back down before the situation escalated.