05| Dora the Explorer

(Chapter 5| Dora the Explorer)

"I DID A LAP OF THIS SHITHOLE AND IT AIN'T GREAT, HONEY."

☂️As the cell door swung open, the two Hargreeves's sighed in relief

☂️
As the cell door swung open, the two Hargreeves's sighed in relief. The police officer grabbed them by the shoulders, more gently this time and let them into a room filled with detectives and office desks and paperwork.

The officer led them to Detective Patch.

"Uncuff them."

Katherine rubbed her wrists, this wasn't her first time in handcuffs and it wouldn't be the last but the low blood circulation in her hands was never a pleasant feeling.

"Thanks Rodriguez." Diego said before the two took a seat next to Patch's desk.

"So" Diego took a piece of paper from her desk only to have her snatch it back. "Did you talk to the tow truck guy?"

"Shut up and listen carefully."

Katherine looked up from playing with her bracelets.

"The next time you interfere with one of my investigations, you so much as breathe on one of my witnesses or touch a piece of evidence, I'll charge you with obstruction of justice. You will do jail time. And stop dragging other people into your messes." Patch gestured to Katherine. "Especially ones that try to bribe police officers into letting them go."

Diego whipped his head around to look at Katherine who was looking blankly at the Detective.

"I don't know what your talking about Detective." She smiled innocently.

Patch smirked slightly before opening the drawer to her desk and pulling out a tape recorder before pressing the button and hearing a familiar voice.

I'll give you $2000 cash if you let us go.

I don't take bribes.

$5000

"Well, that's just rude." Katherine crosses her arms and sat back in the chair, sulking.

"You need to relax, Eudora. All the bureaucracy is get..." Diego began before being interrupted.

"Don't call be that."

"Look I know you. You like playing by the rules, but you live for putting the scumbags away. So why don't you put that badge down for one night....and you come out on the streets with me and Katherine?"