10|A Discovery

(Chapter 10|A Discovery)
"IT'S A SHAME YOU'LL BE LEAVING EMPTY HANDED."
☂️

"So what you're telling me is.....you're a multi-billionaire, you own one of the biggest casinos in Vegas and you scammed some criminal out of his money and now he wants to kill you guys?" Diego sat on Katherine's old bed, his hands folded in his legs apart as Meredith and Katherine stood over him nodding after every statement.

"Yep." The girls spoke in unison.

"Whoa. You've been pretty busy, Kat." Diego smirked making Katherine chuckle.

Ring Ring Ring

Meredith pulled her phone from her pocket, recognising the number and turning to Katherine.

"It's Marcus, I'm gonna take this."

Katherine nodded and took a seat next to Diego sighing as she turned to him.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you everything." She murmured.

Diego smiled at her, placing his hand on her thigh and rubbing it softly.
"It's okay. I understand, you didn't want people to think of you differently."

The speedster lay her head on the boy's shoulder making him suck in a short breath before leaning his head in hers as they sat in silence.

Suddenly, the bedroom door burst open and Meredith entered looking rather concerned. Katherine's eyes widened at the sight of her distressed friend, she stood up from her seat on the bed.

"What's wrong?"

"He's here." Meredith rushed.

"Shit. We have to leave, this is the first place he'd look for us." Katherine spoke half-anxious and half-angry.

"If you're leaving, I'm coming with you." Diego said, still sat on the bed.

"No, no, no. This isn't your fight,Diego, I don't want you getting hurt." Katherine protested.

Diego stood up, standing in front of Katherine, looking down at her.
"They want you, they'll have to go through me." He smiled making Katherine chuckle and shake her head.

"Okay, fine."

"Good. I'm just gonna check on Mom first." He stated as he walked away, his arm brushing Katherine's as he exited the room.

———

Katherine and Meredith sat in Katherine's room, discussing their plans. Of course them leaving meant it would be safer for her family but Katherine's number one priority right now wasn't even stopping the apocalypse. It was keeping Meredith safe, even if she was going to die in the apocalypse anyway but Katherine wanted to make her best friend's last days worth while.

Katherine could hear footsteps downstairs that she expected to be Diego returning to the bedroom to inform them he was ready to go. She was wrong. There were gunshots, loud, ear-piercing gunshots.

"Is that him? Is it the Dealer?" Meredith shouted, her hands covering her ears.

"I don't know. Probably. Hide in the closet, quickly. I'll come get you when it's over and if I don't.....I'm dead." Katherine pushed her best friend into the closet and left the bedroom, shutting the door behind her and preparing for the fight.