27|Problem

(Chapter 27|Problem)

"ABSOLUTELY FINE."

☂️

☂️

White. Her vision blurred by white, she felt nothing, she could hear nothing, she could see nothing. Not until her shut her eyes so tightly she thought her eyelids could have ripped, and when they reopened, everything was normal.

As if maybe she wasn't completely insane, she stood facing the doorway in which her supposed father had just left her with an unnerving message. Slowly but surely, she began to regain her ability to hear, her ears being filled with the worried voices of her two brothers.

"Katherine! Kat, are you okay?"

Her skin pricked as she began to feel again, the warm grip of Diego's hand present on her shoulder, she reached up slowly and placed her hand on top of his, squeezing it slightly.

"Kat?"

Diego voice was that of fear and confusion, as Katherine cautiously turned in her heel to face him, flashing a signature fake smile that could fool even the cleverest of tricksters.

"I'm fine."

Klaus's head peered around from behind Diego sending her a look that told her that he didn't believe her bullshit in the slightest. Even Diego was suspicious of her strange behaviour.

"You sure? You didn't jump forward again, did you?"

"No, no. I'm completely fine, must just be lack of sleep or something."

The brothers exchanged a glance, with the apocalypse nearing, now was not the time to ask questions, no matter how important.

"Uh..I think I'm gonna go on a run." Katherine tutted, seemingly uncertain of her own actions.

"Right, right. I'm leaving now anyway so I'll walk you out, yeah?" Diego questioned, stuffing his hands in his pockets as Kat replied with a hurried nod.

The pair turned in unison and began to walk away when they were disrupted my their constricted brother.

"Ah, shit!"

"What?" Diego asked, turning back around to face him.

"I need to pee."

———

After waiting an unreasonably long time from Klaus to pee, the trio had manage to make it back to the room and to get Klaus back in the chair. Katherine seemed less than comfortable, her hands were shaking, her breathing had quickened and her mind couldn't stay on one thought for more than a couple of seconds.