34|State of Grace

(Chapter 34|State of Grace)

"NO, I JUST LOVE SEEING WHAT I WOULD LOOK LIKE WITHOUT A FACE, DON'T YOU?"

☂️

There were many things Katherine had done that were classed as "illegal". For example, uncertified gambling, providing her brother with drugs and killing an assistant to an angry Russian bloke but of course it was "self defence".

Now Katherine could be charged with breaking and entering but obviously it would be worth it when they found Harold and killed him, stopping the apocalypse. Of course then there would be no proof that he did anything because the world would be saved and her and her siblings would all go to prison for murdering an "innocent" man but maybe it would be worth it after saving billions of people.

And there she was, Katherine Hargreeves, was walking aimlessly around the house of Harold Jenkins or Leonard Peabody, whatever you prefer. She was overthinking, as usual, thinking of all the ways things could go wrong and the world would end or they would all die, which ever came first. She hid her worry behind her signature smirk and sarcasm and the only person who could see through her was Diego.

Diego stood in the middle of the room, the sling still holding his arm up as he continued to sigh dramatically.

"Would it just be easier for you to zoom round and search the place?" Diego huffed in Katherine's direction.

"How the hell am I supposed to know what we're looking for?" Katherine laughed, as the two continued to stroll around the kitchen, rifling through draws and cupboards.

"Anything." Diego shrugged.

"So if I were to bring you back a pair of Peabody's underwear, that would prove to you that he causes the apocalypse?" Katherine joked.

"Kat, I swear to God-" Diego started, turning away from the draw he was going through to raise his eyebrows at her.

"I wasn't even going to." Katherine cut him off as he turned back around to look at something on the refrigerator.

"Guys, you need to see this." Allison called from somewhere upstairs.

Katherine and Diego faced each other, before they both walked off, side by side in the direction of Allison's voice.

"Looks like Allison found Peabody's underwear draw." Katherine smirked, looking up at Diego from the corner of her eye.