33|Breaking and Entering

(Chapter 33|Breaking and Entering)

"HOW'S LEADING WORKING OUT FOR YOU?"

☂️

Katherine Hargreeves was scared to say the least. Scared that she was going to die in less than 3 days. Scared that Klaus was going to drink himself to death at home. Scared that Diego was going to get arrested outside the police station. Scared that they wouldn't be able to stop the apocalypse. And lastly, she was scared that her father was wrong for once and that her powers were not enough to save everyone.

But there she stood, waiting for Diego to return, hopefully with the file, if there even was one. She leaned against the wall, impatiently tapping the toe of her heel on the floor, her and Five's shoulders brushed one another's as Kat watched Allison on the payphone. She paid little attention to her sister, she would have guest she was calling Vanya to apologise but she didn't bother asking.

Interrupting her thoughts, Diego came from around the corner just as Allison ended her call, as he came into Katherine's view, her toe-tapping slowed to a stop. She made direct eye contact, which resulted in a small smile sent in her direct to which she gratefully returned.

"So?" Five enquired.

"You're welcome" Diego replied, pulling out a baby blue file in his uninjured arm and flashing it in Five's face. Katherine smirked as Allison ripped the file hurried from Diego's grasp leaving him bewildered. She stepped towards Allison to get a better look at the file, but not before bumping Diego's shoulder slightly, earning a glare from him.

All four of them crowded around the file in the centre of the pavement, Allison and Katherine's eyes skimming the pages carefully as the boys watched, waiting for any new information.

When Katherine's eyes found a familiar-looking mugshot on the left hand corner of one of the pages, her eyes narrowed.

"Is that-" She began to ask.

"Holy shit." Allison interrupted, as she too caught sight of the photograph.

"I'll take that as a possibly" Katherine muttered, her eyes not leaving the picture as the boys began to hurried scan the page for what had given Allison such a shock.

"What?" Diego asked.

Allison lifted the file away from Katherine's wondering eyes and up for the other two to see.

"Harold Jenkins is Leonard Peabody."

"Or Leonard has a brother." Katherine shrugged, looking up at the others, who looked at her with a "disappointed but not surprised" kind of glare.