38|Underachiever

(Chapter 38|Underachiever)

"HOLY SHIT, THAT WAS EXHAUSTING!"

☂️One might say that Katherine Hargreeves was an underachiever

☂️
One might say that Katherine Hargreeves was an underachiever. She fit the definition perfectly; a person who fails to achieve his or her potential or does not do as well as expected. From disappointing her Dad even in death, to apparently failing to save the world once before, Katherine was always one to underachieve.

The morning sun rose above the clouds that dusted the rooftops as Katherine sped through the city, hoping to successfully find her way to the police station. Eventually, she skidded to a halt, reaching her destination and sucking in a breath of cold air, refreshing her lungs.

And once again she was expected to pull off the impossible as the speedster had a knack for getting herself into these types of situations and having to push herself out of her limits in order to achieve an impossible result. In this case, it was running through the busy police station, keeping at a constant, lightning-fast speed in order to appear invisible to the officers inside.

As she pushed off on her back foot, she put in even more effort than she would at training as a child, the young girl who would push herself to insanity to please her father was gone and right now all she cared about was Diego, freeing him from his cell and hopefully saving the world.

Once more, the comforting sensation of the electricity surrounded her as she made her way bristly through the station, the sweet smell of coffee and spilled ink travelled through the air as she searched for Diego. Hearing the prominent sound of jingling keys in the frozen surroundings, Katherine's reflexes kicked in. She noticed the familiar face of Beeman, as she remembered the brief conversation they had had not too long ago, his frozen figured held the keys she had been searching for and without hesitation, she snatched them from his hands.

The cold metal of the keys sent chills throughout her body, which felt utterly weakened by the speed she had to hold to not be seen by the officers and as she found the room, holding Diego's cell, finally Kat felt relieved.

The Flash ran through the door, pushing it open with her hand as she stopped in front of the cell, her eyes catching Diego, sat on the opposite side of the cell with his head in his hands.

And suddenly, out of breath and slightly sweaty, Katherine had achieved her goal and stood proudly ahead of the cell, the door slamming swiftly shut behind her and she let out an exasperated breath.

"Holy shit, that was exhausting!" She cried, not really caring if anyone heard.

With a quick lift of his head, Diego made sudden eye contact with Kat, a wide grin gracing his face as he jumped up from his seat in surprise and ran towards her, holding onto the bars for a better view.