13|Philia

(Chapter 13|Philia)

"I NEED YOU."

☂️Katherine Hargreeves ran faster than she ever had before, the cars she passed in the street where nothing but blurs and the only sound that could be heard was the shaky breaths being released by the girl in her arms

☂️
Katherine Hargreeves ran faster than she ever had before, the cars she passed in the street where nothing but blurs and the only sound that could be heard was the shaky breaths being released by the girl in her arms.

She stopped suddenly as she arrived at the hospital, it wouldn't have been her first choice as Katherine didn't like hospitals very much but with her Mother in her current state, she didn't want to put all the pressure on Pogo and therefore the hospital was her only choice if she wanted Meredith to live.

She ran inside at a normal pace and over to the receptionist's desk.

"M-my friend. She's been s-s-shot." She stuttered through the taste of salty tears on her lips.

The woman looked down at the girl in Katherine's arms and gasped loudly before running over to a paramedic, Katherine following closely behind and placing Meredith down on the bed before they rolled her away and into the surgery room.

Katherine tried to swiftly follow after but was stopped at the door by a man dressed in blue.

"I'm sorry, Miss, but you'll have to wait in the waiting room."

Katherine was barely listening and was more focused on trying to look through the window in the door.

"O-okay." She whispered walking down the hall and sitting on one of the white plastic chairs.

———

It had been a while maybe 40 minutes and Katherine was still in the waiting room fiddling with a couple of casino tokens in her hands, when the very same man appeared from around the corner and approached her.

"Excuse me. Miss?"

Katherine's head shot up as she looked at him wide-eyed.

"Uh, Hargreeves. Katherine Hargreeves." She announced.

He held a clip board holding a patient file that was pretty much blank.

"I just need to ask you some quick questions regarding the patient." He said making Katherine nod.

"The patient is your sister?" He asked.

"Biologically no, she's my best friend but I'm closer to her than I am with my sisters." Katherine sighed, smiling slightly and crossing her arms over her chest and she stood up from the plastic seat.