28|Power

(Chapter 28|Power)

"ON MY MARK, NUMBER EIGHT."

☂️Katherine Hargreeves was many things; a sister, a daughter, a best friend, a top notch poker player, a businesswoman and a hero

☂️
Katherine Hargreeves was many things; a sister, a daughter, a best friend, a top notch poker player, a businesswoman and a hero. She had been called many things; bitch, slut, waste of space, a disappointment but she was never a quitter.

*Flashback*

April 29th 2000

Little Katherine Hargreeves sat happily on her bedroom floor opposite her twin brother, in their small hands they held what seemed to be their only source of entertainment at times.

Kat's eyes wandered down to the two cards fanned out nearly in her dainty tanned hands and then back up to her brother. They both shared the same dark hair, tanned skin and chocolatey brown eyes. She watched as Klaus nibbled nervously on his bottom lip, his eyes scanning the cards in his hands. It was always an unusual gift of Katherine's to be able to spot when someone is bluffing but with Klaus it was all too easy.

"Twist." Klaus says, his voice is higher pitched and his dark hair fell in front of his eyes.

Katherine carefully picked up a card from the deck and passed it to Klaus, face down. Her brother smirked widely at his three cards before looking up to his sister and nodding his head.

The twins spread their cards onto the wooden floor, Klaus' showing a nine and two aces , a triumphant grin plastered a crossed his face.

In front of Katherine lay an ace and a ten, a perfect win and a well practiced disappointed frown on her face, fooling her brother.

She watched intently as her brother gloated and laughed until his victory was interrupted as he caught sight of Katherine's cards.

"Urgh, Kat you always win!" He complained falling onto his back and lying on the floor dramatically. Katherine giggled watching her brother overreact as she collected in the cards.

The door swung open, frightening the small children, the floorboards creaked as the unexpected visitor entered the room.

"Number Eight, your training started 5 minutes ago." Reginald's voice was strict and commanding.

Katherine's mood reached an all time low, she placed the cards on the bedside table and crawled to her feet.

"Sorry, Father, I lost track of time."

"Come along." He looked down open his adopted daughter, growing impatient.