16|Chasing Pavements

(Chapter 16|Chasing Pavements)

"I'M HIS TWIN SISTER, IF ANYONE CAN FIND HIM, IT'S ME."

☂️

☂️

Number Five and Luther sat in Diego's living space with Five sat on the bed explaining the tragic events of the future and the fate of the former superheroes. Luther was eagerly leaning forward as he listened to the boy and tried to take in the new information.

"When's it supposed to happen?This....apocalypse."

"Well I can't give you the exact hour, but from what I could gather we have four days left." Five explained.

"Why did you say something sooner?"

"I did, just not to you and it would've have mattered."

"Of course it would. We could of banded together and helped you try to stop this thing." Luther spat.

"For the record, you already tried." Five finished, looking rather upset.

"What do you mean?" Luther sat back in confusion, the tiny chair he was seated on, bending under his weight.

"I found all of you. Your bodies."

"We die?" Luther concluded.

Five gave Luther a look of regret, that he had not been there to help them the first time, in his eyes, his act of cowardice, of running away from his problems had led to the deaths of the ones he loved.

"Horribly. You were together. Trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world."

"Wait how do you know that?" Luther asked as Five pulled a spherical object wrapped in a cloth out of his pocket.

"This was clutched in your dead hand when I found you. Must've ripped it out of their head right before it all went down."

"Whose head?" Luther asked whilst holding the glass eye that Five had just given to him.

"Like I said, I don't know."

"Well there's a serial number on the back. Think maybe you could try- -" Luther said before being cut off.

"No, that's a dead end. It's just another hunk of glass." Five chuckled, halfheartedly as Luther passed him back his eye.

"Who'd you tell anyway, besides me?" Luther asked.

"Klaus but I doubt the imbecile was even listening and Kath- -" Five was cut off by the slamming sound of the door opening and heavy footsteps coming towards them.