♕11♕

"We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears. We must not demean life by standing in awe of death."

~ David Sarnoff

I sat up in a gasp and looked over at Lexi who was already awake and was on my laptop. I wiped the sweat off my forehead; it's been years sense I had a nightmare about dead people. I had lost everybody, I was the only survivor, and I had got cornered by a swarm of those freaks. I put my handgun up to my head, so I didn't have to suffer the pain when they tore through my flesh, and pulled the trigger. That's when I woke up.

"Hey." Lexi smiled weakly.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked swinging my legs over the edge of the hotel bed.

"On the news website. The reports are getting worse, the blog page is getting blown up with millions of questions from disturbed citizens."

"Well if a person was torn apart and eaten on your Tv, wouldn't you be disturbed?" I stood up and went to the bathroom.

"A man was torn and eaten on our Tv, Naulie."

"Exactly. We're disturbed citizens. But we're not commenting questions on their web page though, so we can make do." I said as I got my tooth brush and put paste on it. I brushed my teeth and listened to her reading the comments. I spat the foam out and rinsed my brush and my mouth with water, and walked back out to change.

I turned on the Tv and it was back on the news. The camera-man was running and screaming; multiples were running along with him. A girls scream pierced my heart as she was taken down and blood shot on the camera.

"Gross." I breathed out.

"Turn it off!" Lexi yelled.

"No, I wanna watch this." I argued.

"Naulie!"

A helicopter flew by and over our hotel window. I ran over to the two sliding glass doors and watched another one fly by. I walked back over to the Tv, where there was a helicopter view of the town we were in. Black smoke rose into the sky as flames ate the building away. Another helicopter flew by and launched something. In a matter of seconds and explosion erupted into the sky. You could hear the thousands of people screaming, it made me cringe.

I only had my skinny jeans up to my thigh when I went to grab the remote, but stumbled over my two squeezed together legs and fell on my face. I reached my hand up and grabbed it quickly and turned it off once it went back to a sreet view.

I looked at her and she slammed the laptop close. She was about to cry; she was so scared.

Once I got back up and pulled my jeans up, I picked out my black high top converse, a black tank top and leather jacket over top it. I pulled my belt through the loops of my pants and buckled it. I looked back over at Lexi and she was shaking; hugging her knees to her chest. I sat down next to her.

"Lexi, it's okay. We're okay, we're safe." I assured her while rubbing her back in soft circles.

"For how long, Naulie? For how long? Where will safe be if this continues?" She looked at me with bloodshot eyes.

"This will get better. It will be okay, It'll all be fixed, we have to trust our president."

"I thought this couldn't happen." She looked down at her knees.

"Everyone thought that. But life finds a way. God plans everything. He's probably pissed as fuck with us. Who can blame him?" I shrugged. "We just have to go to tonight's show, and hope for the best. We're all going to be alright. Don't get too paranoid."

She let go of her legs and wrapped her arms around my neck and hugged me tightly. "I believe in you, Naulie." I awkwardly patted her back, then she let go.

I got up and put my everyday eye makeup on. Once Lexi was ready,I walked down the other hallway and knocked on the all five doors to wake the guys up.

I grabbed my light blue JanSport backpack before we all left and went downstairs to the lobby. We boarded into one limousine and we were off.

Show time.

************************************

"Naulie! Naulie! Naulie! Naulie!" Hundreds of girls--and guys-- voices chanted. It made me grin widely as I waited eagerly backstage. This event was my held on an outdoor stage like the other events, but inside a regular stadium--with a roof.

"It's time." Cameron said behind me. I turned around to look up at him with a smile--him smiling right back at me.

I took in a deep breathe and exhaled out. "Let's go." I started walking out onto the stage where there was twice as many people as there was then any other event. "Whoa."

Multiple colorful lights hung above my head, thousands of camera flashes flashed in the audience-- many holding up glow sticks-- and most of all, the energy from everyone's cheering and happiness hit me so hard. I felt so alive and just wanted to move, dance jump, be free, and fly.

Today I was performing solo; no duet. I wanted to perform a song that spoke to me, and something that would get the crowd jumping, happy, and hype. My life is all about fun and music. So that's why I chose Hit The Lights by Selena Gomez.

Who knew a little app could get you so far. Just by posting six-second videos. Amazing.

Now here I am. On stage. About to perform. Live. All because my brother had a phone, and a Vine account.

I started singing the first verse, my throat vibrating, singing the notes perfectly--not to brag-- it came out as such a soft melody. But once the chorus kicked up I was all dance moves, smiling, jumping around the stage, giving high-fives to fans. My adrenaline pumped through my veins, making my heart beat faster, making me even more excited, making me jump even more and dance around stage as lights flashed from every corner of the stage. Repeat. Ha ha.