♕19♕

"The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living."

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero

I slowly lifted my hands above my head and looked at the slightly small armed group. A woman, holding an infant close to her chest; a man with a white beard trembling with fearsome eyes; a teenage boy (around the age of eighteen or so) with one arm extended out aiming at us with a gun in hand; a man with a large shotgun also aiming at us; and, last but not least, a teenage girl with a kitchen knife. I wanted to drop my hands and snicker at the girl, then dramatically drop to the floor to roll around and begin to laugh. But I bundled up my humor and thrust it deep inside me. My expression that I had plastered on my face, showed no fear, completely bank.

"Who are you?" the man stuttered. "Why are you here?" I went to speak, went to introduce myself to be friendly and cooperative, but Disney totally beat me to it. At least we think alike, it'll be easier to survive.

"We're just looking for supplies no harm."

"Don't trust her, Tony. She could be lying." The blonde teenager whispered, not taking her eyes off of me. I shifted my eyes from her, back to the man that was supposedly Tony. He nodded at her, but then shook his head at us.

"I'm sorry, but we were here first. You're gonna have to find food somewhere else."

"No. I'm sorry." I stated. He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion, but what this stranger didn't know was that I had tricks up my sleeve. I quickly dropped my hands and kicked the gun out of his hands, ninja like. It was a long enough distraction for everyone to pick their weapons back up, ccked and loaded.

"Now, drop your weapons and put your hands up where I can see them." Disney said as she stepped up beside me with a little smirk on her face.

"Maybe, we should just let them take what they need." The brunette boy said. The girl scoffed and rolled her eyes but Tony barked at his group to do as we said. Cameron and Taylor kicked their weapons to the side as Disney and I lead them into the living room. Finding zip ties in a drawer in the kitchen, Disney locked their hands together, and made them sit down on the couch. Disney handed me one last zip tie, telling me to get the boy. We left the mother alone, I thought she wouldn't try to do anything as long as she had an infant in her arms.

Walking up to the teenaged boy, I pointed to the rocking chair in the corner. "Take a seat." He half smiled at me, which sort of made no sense because he was a hostage, then took a seat.

"What's your name?" I asked as he held his wrists out for me.

"Seth. My name is Seth. What's yours?" He asked, exhaling as I zipped the white tie closed.

Placing my hands on my knees, then standing, I smiled at him. "I'm Naulie." He nodded with a friendly grin, then pressed his lips together before speaking.

"Naulie. I like that name."

I nodded and told him thanks before walking away. I left them there to mumble and talk to each other as I went into the kitchen.

"We can't just leave them here all tied up once we leave. That's just . . . okay." Cameron explained.

"I told you, I don't care if they take the house. They can have it for all I care. I just want to take what is rightfully mine and leave. They can get their own stuff," Disney said pissed off. "How would you feel Playboy?"

"Stop calling me that."

Here we go again. I instantly walked out of the kitchen and picked up my gun that still laid on the wooden floor. I started searching the upstairs of the house, searching for anything that was useful or that we might need. If people were already living in this house , then that means that it was already safe; there was no reason to search for dead bodies. I went into the first door I had seen. Opening it, I found that it was a purple bedroom with a doily like rug by the foot of a nice queen sized bed with a beautiful purple designed comforter. My eyes skimmed the walls, looking up at beautiful paintings of sunsets and winter wonderlands. My shoulders dropped and I took a step on the tan floorboards.