9. ...but we have to fight for it

November 28, 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Mikaelson Compound 

Poppy stood in front of the full length mirror in her bedroom, looking at her new outfit for Thanksgiving; ripped jeans, a black shirt, and a red zip up jacket. She rubbed her back, which ached. She couldn't wait until the pregnancy was over. She looked over at her phone, which buzzed for the fifth time. Letting out a sigh, she walked to the bed where Silas slept and picked up her phone, looking at the texts. They were from Stefan. 

Hey, baby. I just wanted to see how you are                                                                doing so far in New Orleans.

Julian is linked to Lily, we're trying to find                                                                           a plan to kill him. 

Lily's dead. 

She killed herself, but they had already                                                                          been unlinked. She wanted me to mail                                                                            you something, it should be arriving in a                                                                          few days. I'm so sorry, I know how much she                                                             meant to you. 

If you want to talk, just give me a call. I love you.

Poppy brought her hand to her mouth, which gaped open in shock. She dropped her phone from her hand and looked around, tears in her eyes. She decided to use her supernatural hearing to see what everyone else was doing. Screams of pain and anger is what she heard, and quickly she stopped listening, squeezing her eyes shut. 

She brought her hands to her head, beginning to cry. She felt scared again, scared and upset. She shook her head, she couldn't stop the voices, Julian yelling, Mikael's taunts. Not wanting to wake her husband, she kept quiet, tears streaming down her face. She felt dizzy, like she was swaying and the floor beneath her was wobbly. 

She felt the floor move away from her feet, and a sharp pain and a cracking noise came from her hand, which was still on her head, and then she couldn't feel a thing. 

"Uncle Kol, come on! Let's go!" Poppy exclaimed, lifting her skirt above her ankles and running through the grass, her brown curls flowing behind her. Her fingertips brushed against the taller flowers elegantly, and she enjoyed every bit of life she felt in them. 

Behind her ran Kol, who had a smile on his face, his feet bare. "Why are you still running?!" He laughed. "They're not going to get us!" He reached forward and placed his hands on her waist, spinning her around and picking her up, slinging her over his shoulder. 

Poppy laughed. "Kol, put me down!" She kicked her feet around, but didn't actually hit him. 

Kol did so, placing her on her feet. She brushed her curls from her face and looked behind him, seeing two people chasing after them, soaked with water. Her eyes widened, but playfully. 

"They found us!" She exclaimed, and together they began to run again, laughing. 

They continued to laugh, well until they ran to a ravine, which Poppy had fallen into. She landed in the dirt on her hand, and hit her head on a rock. She let out a gasp of pain, holding her hand close to her chest and looking up at the edge, squinting in the sun.