49. light a fire

"If my daughter and my grandchildren are not reunited with their mothers by sundown, then your entire faction will face the wrath of my disappointment. Close proximity of just two Mikaelsons turn rain to blood. Imagine what would happen if I were to turn to my siblings for help. Our little family reunion would cause Hellfire to devour us all."

2026

New Orleans, Louisiana 

An Unknown Location

The room she was in was filled with sunlight, which seeped through the thin white curtains on the windows. It illuminated the blood on the floors, the smears of it on the walls, the blood written words "FALLEN. FILTHY. CROSSBREED.". She was unsure as to how much time had passed, she had lost count after a few days, and it was going agonizingly slow. She prayed that Silas or Klaus had been looking for her, that they realized she was missing. She prayed for sleep, sleep that would never come. The pain in her body was excruciating and constant. Her hands hurt the most, they had been broken to the extent where they wouldn't heal, all so she wouldn't be able to perform magic with them. Her mouth had been duck taped shut for the same reason, and to muffle her screams. There was both vervain and wolfsbane in her system, burning her from the inside, keeping her from healing her other wounds. Written on her front from shoulder to shoulder was TRIBRID FREAK, sewn in with thin wood. On her head sat a crown, made of rope and vervain and wolfsbane, woven together. It dug into her skin, sizzled the surface with blisters, made her weak. Other than that, blood decorated her body from wounds head to toe. 

They hated her, they hated her dad, they hated Hayley and Hope. They wanted them dead. 

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Streets 

They were preparing for Mardi Gras, an event that couldn't be postponed by the sudden disappearance of Hayley Marshall and Poppy Salvatore-Mikaelson. It was for the people, the human people, and to celebrate their time of peace and prosperity. Klaus stood before Vincent and a couple other witches, full of suspicion and anxiety. He had to find them before it was too late. "So what exactly are you implying?" Vincent asked him. 

"Hope hid her mother and sister with a cloaking spell. Someone found them. That requires a witch." Klaus stated, accusing the witch and his coven of taking his daughter and his other daughter's mother. 

Vincent placed his hands together, listening closely. "So that means it was one of mine?" He shook his head. "I don't think so."

"You witches always plead virtue, but if history's to be prologue, you're the most rotten of the bunch." 

"As soon as Freya told me that Hayley and Poppy had gone missing, there were a dozen of us witches out there on them streets performing locator spells, trying to find her. Because Hayley's actually a friend of us, Poppy is one of us, okay? They, unlike you, have earned our respect, and out of respect to them I'm only going to say this to you one Klaus: we had absolutely nothing to do with their disappearance. I promise you that."

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Bayou 

"Why would the werewolves take down their own alpha?" Lisina asked in disgust, quite taken back by the accusation that she and the werewolves were responsible for the disappearance of Poppy and Hayley. 

Klaus stood above them, looking down upon them. "That's a valid question. Perhaps one of your fellow swamp mates can shed some light."

The man next to Lisina kept his arms crossed over his chest. "We are the victims here." He said, which made the corners of The hybrid's lips curl upwards. "A bloodsucker killed Henry just for being a hybrid."