45. a spirit here that won't be broken

May 19, 2019

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Mikaelson Compound 

Freya held the blue pendant with her fingers, observing the cracks on it, shown to her by Hayley. "Despite the spell I cast," she set it down on the table for Klaus to see also, but he only looked at her as she continued to speak. "The very integrity of the pendant is growing unstable. It won't be able to hold Elijah's soul much longer. We need to find a way to resurrect him tonight, or we could lose him forever."

"Tonight sounds fantastic." Poppy spoke from the top of the staircase, which she whooshed down. She stood beside her dad. Poppy was having an interesting morning, starting from the moment she woke up. Silas had yet to wake, so she dealt with it on her own, calmly. It was afternoon now. She folded her arms over her loose black suit jacket, which was pair with a silk blush tank top and loose jean shorts (which appeared to be mom jeans cut into shorts, but it looked good). "But in order to do it, we'll need more power. Power I don't have."

Klaus looked down for a moment, noticing how Poppy stood mainly on one leg, and the tip of her other shoe was the only thing touching the ground on that side. "Let me guess. A grand sacrifice." 

Freya pressed her hands against the table. "I say we kill our enemy and sacrifice her, then I can channel the power from the Hollow's death, raise Elijah's body, and place him back where he belongs."

"We've tried everything." Hayley spoke quietly. 

"And we've come close." Poppy's aunt looked at the hybrid mom. "Labonair blood is her Achille's heel. Hayley, your blood weakened her but you've technically been dead for years. So it won't be strong enough to kill her. If we forge a blade using the blood of the last living Labonair.."

Poppy frowned. "You want Hope's blood? How much would we need?" She inquired, feeling uneasy with the idea. 

"We don't want Hope involved." Klaus said, speaking for both himself and for Hayley. 

The tribrid turned her head towards him the slightest bit, but still looked at Freya. "She's already involved."

The witch nodded and laid down a drawing, one by Hope of a serpent biting its own tail. "Hope has been obsessed with the symbol that follows the Hollow. The serpent consuming itself. I believe this is showing us the key, the only means to which she can be destroyed, her own blood." Everyone was silent for a moment. "The Hollow's one end of the Labonair bloodline. Hope is the other. And we need to close that loop. The best way to do that is for Hayley to wield a weapon forged with Hope's blood. When she stabs her, it's only then the Hollow can be obliterated completely."

Poppy sighed, laying her arms down against her sides. "It's settled, then." She shifted her standing position so that she now put pressure on both legs. "We use Hope's blood to kill Inadu."

"I'll talk to Hope." Hayley stood to her full height, she had been leaning against something, and she left the room, leaving the three Mikaelsons alone in the room together. 

Freya let out the breath she had been holding, looking into her brother's eyes. "We can do this." She assured him, and he lowered his arms. 

"While you guys are doing that, I will be looking around for Vincent. Marcel said he's been MIA and I haven't seen him since he helped me yesterday. Granted, he was using a spell to help me, he wasn't actually there. A moral support kind of thing." Poppy told the two before walking around the table and towards the courtyard. She tried her best to hide her limp, and bit her lip. 

Klaus noticed, though. "What happened to your leg?" He asked, and she stopped where she stood. Freya stopped leaning on the table and turned around.