14. one

The scene opens up with a panicked cry of a man, his blue eyes filled with devastation. With adrenaline coursing through his body, he ran and knelt to the ground. With heightened hearing, the heart beat he once heard was now gone. This is his point of view.

"No," he breathed out with a strong yet trembling voice. He brought his wrist to his mouth, but a hand stopped him, and he looked up to see his son in law.

The words sounded muffled. "It won't work." 

Moving his hands, he pressed one against the woman's chest, and intertwined the fingers of his other with it. He adjusted his posture and began the chest compressions. 

One

Two 

Three

Four 

Five 

Behind him, his son in law watched with fear, his hands on the back of his head. His sister returned to the courtyard, dropping her phone from her hand. Her mouth gaped open in shock. 

Fifteen

Sixteen

Seventeen

Eighteen

Looking around, the sisters saw her family in shock and fear, so she knelt down and grabbed her phone. Quickly, she dialed a number and held it to her ear. 

"911 what's your emergency?"

Twenty one 

Twenty two 

Twenty three

Twenty four 

"We're at the Abattoir, we need medical assistance now or my niece is going to die."

Twenty six 

Twenty seven 

"How is she dying?"

"Her heart..it just stopped!"

Twenty nine 

Thirty

He lifted his hands from her chest and tilted her head back the slightest bit. Opening her jaw, he gave her his oxygen. He then began the chest compressions again. 

One 

Two 

Three

Four 

Five

"Paramedics are on their way. Only ten minutes."

"I can do this," he told his sister "I can save her, I promise." 

Fifteen

Sixteen

Seventeen 

Twenty 

Wait. That's not right. 

Nineteen 

Twenty 

"Klaus, let me help you. Let me take over." The mother of his baby spoke. 

He shook his head, his vision blurring with tears. "No. I can save her, I can do it."

Twenty three

Twenty four 

"Come on, love. Come back." 

Twenty six 

"Poppy, please."