47. they're missing

"The Hollow has been haunting us for centuries. It's an unending evil. It's appetite for power is insatiable. And that's what attracted it to your girls." Vincent spoke grimly, his breath trembling with fear. He stood before the Mikaelsons; Poppy, Klaus, Elijah, Rebekah, and Freya. It was nighttime, so the only thing that gave the room they stood in light was the few lamps and the moonlight from the courtyard. They were all filled with anxiety, with the need to take action in that very moment. They were restless. 

Klaus opened his mouth to speak. "You said there was a way to save her."

"There is." The Griffith witch confirmed. "But I'm gonna tell you right now, you are not going to like my plan."  Poppy frowned a bit, shifting on her feet. She wasn't ready for the end of the Mikaelsons, and neither was anyone else. Klaus placed a hand on her back, attempting to comfort his daughter. Vincent continued after a brief moment. "Step one: we pull the Hollow out of Hope. Step two: we find somewhere else to put it. But with the book gone, I need a place to put it that's both powerful and eternal, and in order to make the transition work, I'm gonna need something that's connected to Hope through blood." 

The tribrid took a deep breath, listening to the faint whispers in her head. They were telling her what to do, how to do it. "You need a vampire to put it in." Everyone looked at her. "But not just one, four." 

Freya looked at Vincent and furrowed her eyebrows. "You want to put the Hollow into four of my siblings? Why?" 

"Because fifteen hundred years ago, my tribe divided the Hollow's remains when they killed her into four bones, and they had four different volunteers put them into four different locations." Poppy explained, looking at her aunt. She didn't like the idea, but it's what they had to do. "It's the only way we can defeat her now." 

Everyone began to process what Vincent and Poppy were saying, thinking about how it was going to play out for everyone. "Transfer the Hollow's power into four immortal vampires." Freya said slowly. 

Rebekah frowned deeply. "And then just send us on our way?"

"So the evil is drawn, quartered and separated for all time." Klaus dropped his hand from his daughter's back.

Vincent held up a hand. "And you have to go your separate ways and you have to stay separate. For all time. We can never see each other again. Can never go near each other again. That is the only way we are going to defeat the Hollow."

"Well, if it'll save my daughters then we will make it so."

2026

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Mikaelson Compound 

"We didn't know what she would do." A young girl spoke. She was around 13 years old, dark hair and green eyes. Her head was turned to look at her younger brother, who sat quietly beside her, as she did. She looked up at her parents, who stood in front of the couch that they sat on. "We just knew we had to get the note to that boy."

Poppy let out a sigh, her arms folded over her waist. "Melody, you know you don't have to do everything with Hope, right?" She asked gently. "Some things that she does isn't safe."

"Daddy said that it's my choice who I can hang out with." Melody pouted. "As long as it's not Alyssa." 

The mother turned her head to look at her ex-husband, who looked at her. Silas took a breath and looked at their daughter and son. "Your mother's right. It's time that you start thinking about your actions, and stop doing everything Hope is doing." Whatever Poppy says goes.