22. moments are all we have

"Tell me a story."

"What kind of story?"

"Something happy."

"A long time ago, in a village built on this very spot, lived a man. Arcadius. Cade, to his friends, of which he had many. He was a gentle man, loved and respected. But Cade could do something that no one else could: he could see into the minds of others."

"He was psychic?"

"The first psychic. It was this power that gave him so much empathy towards others. And it was this power that would cost him his life. Cade had only wanted to help. But he had overstepped. And the men, fearing his power, turned even Cade's friends against him. And it was then that Cade came to know the thing inside men that even his power had not been able to divine: true evil."

"I asked for a happy story."

"But it is, dear sister. For in death, Cade was triumphant. From that moment onward, evil men would be forever punished for their wicked deeds. Cade had his revenge. And someday, so will we."

December 18, 2017 

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Mikaelson Compound

"This place looks.." 

"Run down?" Poppy turned to look at the siren, who she had led into the courtyard of her second home, her straightened hair moving behind her back as she did. "Because no one has been here for a few years, except for the big bad wolf locked downstairs, because of me." She furrowed her eyebrows the slightest bit and tilted her head. "And that's why you want me so desperately. I'm willing to do what it takes to ensure my survival." Moving her head back to normal, the tribrid folded her arms over her chest. "There's has to be more than that. What is it?"

Sybil looked her apprentice up and down. She admired the choice of outfit (inspired by the so called Katherine Pierce, a vampire Poppy had once known), but she couldn't deny that Poppy was an annoying bitch with her humanity off. She was a nuisance everywhere she went. "Well," the siren mocked the tribrid by folding her own arms over her chest "let's just say that someday I wish to retire from this job. Working for the devil is no fun. Surely you know, you've met him, right?" She asked with a cocky attitude. 

Poppy rolled her eyes and scoffed. "As if I'd take your place." Turning around, she lowered her arms to her sides and began to walk. "Niklaus is this way, underground." She led Sybil down to the tunnels, her footsteps echoing as she approached the door like thing. 

Sitting in the circle was her father, who was miserable and tired, but not as tired as he usually was. He looked at her with an expression of exhaustion. Sybil walked around her apprentice to get a look at the hybrid. 

"Aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" She asked, almost amused. "My name is Sybil, I'm a Siren." 

Klaus scowled and looked away. "Sirens aren't real." He turned his attention to his daughter, who stood with a blank expression. Immediately, he knew something was off. "What did you do to my daughter?" 

Sybil smirked. "Made her into the perfect apprentice so that one day she can take my place to work for Arcadius." 

"I turned off my humanity." Poppy stated simply. She held her hand out to Sybil. "Let's get this over with, I'm bored."

"As you wish." The siren looked at Poppy and placed an odd looking blade in her hand. 

Poppy held the blade by her side and took a few steps toward the circle. She looked down at the salt, then entered the circle. Klaus glared up at her.