39. day of crying

Flashback

Poppy opened her eyes, laying in her bed as she usually did when she decided to allow her spirit to travel to the Other Side...astral projection in her own way. The world around her had a blue hue to it, and it was warm. She sat up and swung her legs off of the side, placing her bare feet against the floor. 

She walked to the courtyard, seeing a face she hadn't seen in a while. Silas. She remembered how he had bid his farewell to her after giving her the cure. She folded her arms over her waist. 

Poppy wouldn't remember Silas the way he had wanted her to, though. She wouldn't remember the visits to him at night, or all the times they had laughed together. She wouldn't remember the first time Silas had ever told her that he loved her. Elijah had wiped her memories.

"Have you been watching me?" The tribrid inquired. 

Silas gave her a shrug. "I don't know, I guess I'm just kind of....exploring." He raised an eyebrow. "What about you? You're not stalking me, are you?" The dead witch gave her a playful smirk. 

Poppy tilted her head, furrowing her eyebrows. "I don't know...I guess something's drawing me here. Just..one of those feelings."

May 13, 2019

New Orleans, Louisiana 

The Salvatore-Mikaelson Loft 

Poppy sat at the edge of the bed that she had slept in that night, wearing pajama shorts and a tank top, which didn't bother the sweat she had built up during a horrible dream. She had been sitting there for about thirty minutes after making her kids breakfast and sending them off to preschool with their father. 

The mother loved seeing her kids again, and their smiles brought warmth to her heart. It would usually put her in a decent mood for the day, but her thoughts were racing, and she was too anxious to leave her bedroom again. That morning would be the morning where she would face her mother. She stared at the wall before her, her curls creating a curtain over her face. 

What would she even say to her mother? Is she too far from saving?

"Finn's here." Silas announced from the doorway to the bedroom. In his hand, he held a cup of tea. 

Poppy let out a sigh and rubbed her eyes, not wanting to leave the comfort of her home. "I really don't want to go anywhere today." She grumbled. 

"What?" Her husband asked, not quite hearing her. 

She rolled her eyes and stood up. "Nothing, it doesn't matter what I want." In the blink of an eye, Poppy got changed out of her pajamas and into black pants and a silk red tank top. She pulled her curls into a ponytail and slipped on her sneakers. "It's always one thing after another." No rest for the wicked is what Elijah would say. 

Silas pursed his lips together for a moment. "Probably because you're living three different lives at once. Maybe if you just let the Mikaelsons suffer without being the hero then everything would be okay for you. You'd be a lot happier not being the hero."

Poppy turned and looked at him, tilting her head the slightest bit in surprise. "What're you talking about?" 

"You should finish the job for the Hollow and just.." Silas raised his cup to his lips in thought. He shrugged before taking a sip. "..kill them all. You have the means to do it."

His wife gave him a frown. "This doesn't sound like something you would say."

"Maybe you're right." Poppy spun around to see Mikael, who was dressed in a tux. His eyes were glowing blue. "But don't you want to make your grandfather proud? Prove to everyone you're not as weak as they say you are?"