35. i was feeling epic

Oh, god, so many tears have been shed while writing this 

Dear Diary, 

Today will be different. Today I will smile. It will be genuine. Because today is the day that I get to live again. 

This life will be beautiful, but not without heartbreak. In death comes peace. But pain is the cost of living. Like love, it's how we know we're alive.

March 7, 2018 

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

The Lockwood Mansion

Stefan's fingers were interlocked with each other as he pressed his palm to Bonnie's sternum, his silver wedding ring reflecting what little light there was in the room. 

"Bonnie!" Stefan grunted as he performed chest compressions on the witch, who had collapsed suddenly. Blood had dried beneath her nose. 

Footsteps ran into the room. "What happened?!" Stefan's wife asked in horror, kneeling down, still wearing her wedding dress.

"The magic was too much for her." Stefan replied, continuing trying to revive her the best he could. I don't want to her to die..

Caroline brought her wrist up to her mouth and bit into it, blood seeping from the wounds she had self-inflicted. "Here." Stefan stopped and leaned back onto his heels so Caroline had room to lift up the witch's head. She fed her the blood, her wrist against her mouth. "Bonnie?" She asked after nothing happened. Caroline stared down at her best friend, who was seemingly dead, unsure of how to feel. 

"Hey, no no no no." Stefan pushed his wife back gently and began the CPR again. 

"Oh my god.." Caroline breathed out. 

Her husband put all the weight he could into the compressions, his hands aching a bit. He was getting tired, but he had to keep trying. "No, don't do this." He told the witch. "Bonnie, come on Bonnie."

She was in a forest, one she could kind of recognize. It was sunny, and bright, and warm. Bonnie looked around, unsure of where exactly she was, but she knew she was dying. She walked, not bothering to lift the skirt of her shiny cream colored dress as she did. All around her, dry leaves fell from the trees she walked by, and around something white. 

Bonnie tilted her head in curiosity, observing it. It was a bed, a large one, with large fluffy pillows and blankets. The stand it was on was also white. Contrasting against all of the white was a woman who laid there in a dark blue dress, her hands laying against her abdomen during her slumber. Her somewhat propped up head was turned a bit to the side, and her straight brown hair fell below her shoulders. The witch furrowed her eyebrows, walking forward. 

The woman in the bed, who began to wake up, turned her head and opened her eyes for the first time in a while. She woke up more at the sight of Bonnie, surprised and happy. 

"Bonnie?" She began to sit upright. 

The corner of Bonnie's lip curled up in a smile. "Elena." Elena smiled, pushing herself up and to the side of the bed as Bonnie rushed forward. "Elena!"  Elena got off of the bed and the two hugged each other close. "Elena, hi!" The witch exclaimed in joy. She laughed, not wanting to leave the arms of her best friend. "I never thought I'd see you again." 

Though it was a happy moment, Elena lost her smile. "No.." she pulled away from the hug, placing her hands on Bonnie's shoulders. Bonnie looked young, like she hadn't aged a bit. That wasn't right. "No, wait." She frowned and shook her head. "This isn't how it's supposed to be! No, you can't die!" Elena brought her fingertips to Bonnie's cheeks, in horror that Bonnie would die so young. "Not yet. You have to live and-and grow old and have children and grandchildren!"