Chapter 1

I always find myself gasping for air.

I'm breathing normally,

But why do I feel like I'm suffocating.

I hate it.

I hate this feeling,

Wanting to be saved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm walking.

Walking through the empty hallways as I recall the path going to the head office. Sometimes I think that I'm actually walking through a dark cave which will end up on the other side of life. Which, not going to lie, I don't mind.

I knocked on the door and heard the secretary calling me in. I entered and was welcomed with a sharp cold air from the air conditioner. I shivered. I walked towards the lady sitting.

"I was called?" I shuddered still cold from the blizzard in this room.

"Just go in, your mom's waiting for you." She rolled her eyes at me.

I nodded and went towards the principal's office. Or should I say, my mom's office.

I knocked before entering, as always. Mom always told me to knock before entering a room for a sign of respect, but I doubt that wasn't the only reason my parents decided to divorce.

I went in when she gave a 'go' sign. I sat down on chair that was in front of her and plopped my bag on the floor next to me.

"You need anything?" I asked sharply.

"Now that's not a way to greet your mom now is it?" She said stopping what she was doing on her laptop and looked at me with a gentle smile, her eyes glaring at me. Belittling to be exact.

Fake.

"Sorry." I muttered.

She went back to typing on her laptop and placing her glasses properly.

"Well, anyways, I need you to go home and pack your stuff so that it-"

"What do you mean pack my stuff?" I cut her off.

"Oh? Haven't I told you? We're moving to Canada." She said while going back what she was doing.

"What? Mom I can't just leave! I already have a life here in Japan!" I said standing up, slamming my hands to her table. She closed her laptop and faced towards me.

"Look, whether you like it or not, I already booked tickets. I arranged where you're transferring-"

"Mom! Come on, I just graduated my senior high and I want to go to university here with my friends! We were also planning on going to a summer camp." I tried reasoning out with her.

"Natsuna! Shut that damn mouth of yours and, go home and pack!" She slammed her hands on her desk, the things on the table shook.

I know she already made up her mind. She usually doesn't listen to people and sometimes I hope she does. And most of the time, she usually keeps everything to herself, which is annoying.

I zipped my mouth closed and just calmed my nerves down before this escalates even more. I picked my bag up and left the room not saying a thing.

I was welcomed by, once again, a blizzard. I looked at the secretary with confusion.

'Seriously, is she a corpse?'

I walked towards the door and opened it so I can escape this snow storm.

——————————————————————————

I walked out of the room and saw the janitor mopping the floor, the janitor saw my presence and looked at me. We looked at each other for a solid minute until he broke it off by continuing his job. I shook my head to erase what just happened and continued walking to the gates of the school.

As I was walking, I decide to remember all the memories I have of this place.

'Sendai...'

I was a blessed child. I had a dad, a mom, a house, anything that was essential to a Japanese family. We were all happy. My relatives would tease my parents on how they made such a perfect child. It was nice at first but, pressure was put on me, I couldn't live up to their expectations. To my mom's expectations. My dad was always there for me, he would listen to my problems each night, and my mom would just shout if she ever hears me 'complain'. That resulted on my parents fighting. I felt bad and never spoke of my problems anymore. I kept it. As time passed by, my dad left us. I was glad he did, it was toxic anyways. I grew up and forgot everything that happened. Or 'tried' to.

I snapped out of it for a second and realized that I was already outside school gates.

"Shit, my bike." I muttered.

I ran back inside. As I was unlocking the chains that was wrapped around my bike, I saw a silhouette at the corner of my eye. I turn my head to look who it was and saw a guy standing near the entrance of the school. He was wearing a black jacket and jogging pants with a luggage on his left hand and his phone on the other. I squinted my eyes to see who he was but then he was wearing a white mask.

'A white mask, huh?'

I scoffed and hopped on my bike and rode it to my house, finally leaving this hell hole.