Chapter 2

Harry POV

"In 1888, the first ever roll film camera was invent by George Eastman. This was a huge time for this generation because it captured every moment a cameraman would film and the people were astonished by such a creation! Crowds would gather up to watch these black and white films come to life!.."

I listened as my professor moves around, pointing pictures out over his slideshow while the whole class write down notes. I was writing down as much as I can, fascinated with all the pictures of different cameras from different centuries. You can see how much the quality of the film and photography progressed as the years went by.

"Psst, Harry. Do you have a pen I can borrow? Mine ran out of ink" Eleanor whispers to me, trying to scribble his ink-less pen at the side of notes.

I pick up my bag, unzipping the bottom pocket before pulling out a random pen and handing it to her

I pick up my bag, unzipping the bottom pocket before pulling out a random pen and handing it to her. She smiles, mouthing me a 'thank you' before continuing on with her notes.

"Alright, can anyone tell me what year colored film was introduced? Anyone?"

The whole class stays silent, not making a peep. Mr. Martin looks around, waiting for a response as he just snorts and sighs. He loosens his bow tie a bit and he just chuckles, crossing his arms.

"If you no one answers, I'll just have to pick someone"

I felt a poke on my side, making me yelp and slightly jump from my seat. I look over at Eleanor as she just looks around innocently, tapping the pen over her notebook. I could tell my silent outburst caught Mr. Martin's attention because he calls my name out in front of the class.

"Ahh Harry, I'm glad to see you participating. When was colored film introduced?"

I squinted my eyes towards Eleanor's direction once I heard her giggle silently to herself. The nerve of this girl, I even gave her my pen! I look around, all eyes on me as my anxiety started to build up. I sank lower in my chair, letting out a shaky breath while nervously gulping. I hate being put on the spot like this.

"Harry, your answer?"

"1-1963?" I stuttered quietly, saying my answer more as if it were a question.

"Yes that's right, good job. Polaroid introduced colored film in 1963, good work Harry"

I nodded, letting out a sigh of relief knowing I can sit comfortably on my chair again. I look at Eleanor as she just giggles, writing down notes. She knows I'm looking at her or else, she wouldn't be giggling. I turn my attention back to the lesson, writing down as much notes before the class comes to an end. Everyone starts to back up and leave one by one.

"Alright remember class, your project is due next Monday, no excuses!"

"Here's your pen, thanks again" Eleanor grins, holding my pen out towards me with her polished fingernails.