Chapter 8

Benz POV

"I'm going out in a bit

"I'm going out in a bit. Make sure the house is clean before we live for the club tonight, I don't want to see a single dirty dish in the sink today"

"Yes Paul.."

I sat on the table, playing around with the eggs on my plate while Paul eats peaceful. I'm not hungry, just not in the best mood actually. Since what happened last night with the fight between Paul and Niall, I was forced to sleep on the floor because I was at fault for letting Niall in. I guess I really did deserve it.
I didn't dare look up at him, I was too ashamed. I just don't want him to get mad at me anymore, I have to show him that I'm the one for him not Cameron. But how can I if he doesn't even acknowledge me anymore?..

"Justin, baby? Look at me"

I slowly look up at him, trying my best not to say or do anything wrong in his eyes. No not just his, anyone's eyes. I'm just that reckless.
He sighs, wiping his wife with his napkin before finally speaking.

"I don't you want upset. I did what I did so you can be a better boyfriend. I want to teach you to be respectful and well behaved, I do this because I love you. I want to show you off as the best I have, proof to everyone that you are"

"T-Then why don't you? I mean, it would be nice if you did show me off"

"Oh but you're just not ready hun. I want you to be perfect in order to take that step"

"Just like Cameron is perfect in your eyes" I muttered, rolling my eyes.

"Cameron is nobody compared to you. He just loves being around me, I can't just be rude and say no. He's my friend, Justin"

"Niall is my friend, I don't go around kissing him or holding his hand. He's been my best friend for years but you don't seem to care"

"Niall is nothing but trouble. He just wants to break us apart, to not be together anymore. Do you want that? Being alone, no one taking care of you?"

"N-No" I sighed, looking down at my plate again, placing my fork over it as I slightly push it away from me.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm not h-hungry anymore.."

I look over at the television, watching a random commercial about a college that's being promoted. I bite my bottom lip, looking over at Paul as I place my hands over to my sides. It takes all my courage to ask him just a simple question because I don't know how he'll react to it. Oh well, just go for it..

"Paul?"

"Hmm.." he groaned, eating his food without looking up at me.

"I-I've been t-thinking...about apply for
c-college next year.."