Chapter 1

𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙘𝙝 9𝙩𝙝, 2010

In Seoul of Gyeonggi Providence, the 13 kids, who are just neighborhood's biggest group out of all groups kids would make up. Those 13 kids named, Choi Seungcheol, Yoon Jeonghan, Hong Jisoo, Wen Junhui, Kwon Soonyoung, Jeon Wonwoo, Lee Jihoon, Lee Seokmin, Kim Mingyu, Xu Minghao, Boo Seungkwan, Chwe Hansol, and Lee Chan, didn't think they were going to experience something that would change their lives.

As they were watching TV in Jeonghan's home, a sudden knock on the door causing all 12 but Jeonghan to stop and look back at the door. Jeonghan looked at his parents, knowing who could it be at the door at night. Jeonghan went to the door and looked through the peep hole to make sure and got his parents approval to open the door slightly.

"Hello, is there a problem?" Jeonghan said to the man.

"Is your parents here?" The man asked.

"No, I can give them the message when they get here." Jeonghan replied.

"No, its okay, I'll get going." The man said and left.

Jeonghan closed the door, relieved about the conversation with the man. His 12 friends was looking at him worried but still frozen at the couch watching him. Jeonghan noticed them and smiled, mouthing "no worries", having all them calmed down. They continued watching their TV shows.

𝟑𝟎 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

The apartment started to shake along with a explosion happening here and there. Jeonghan looked back at his friends and started to grab their shoes and stuff they would need.He handed their shoes telling them to hurry out. Before they got out of his house, Jeonghan tossed them a damp towels for them to use. When they left Jeonghan's house, Jeonghan started to look around for his things and looked back at his parents. His parents was packing his stuff including his presents from previous birthdays.

"Come on, get packing." Jeonghan said to his parents, who finished packing his stuff.

"Don't worry about us, we will be right behind you." They said to him, handing him his bag of clothes, he would need.

Jeonghan ran out of the house after getting ready to leave and saw a little kid on the floor crying. He hurried over to the child and help him up, recognizing it was Chan.

"Chan? What happened? Where's the others?" Jeonghan asked to know what's going.

"As soon as I took a step out of your house another explosion happened causing me to lose balance, it hurts so much" He said, pointing to his ankle. Jeonghan picked Chan up and started running to the staircase.

As they arrived by the staircase, it was already filled with smoke, Jeonghan started to look which window to jump out of to see where is safest for both of them to jump out of. He found a spot where they could jump onto the bush hoping it doesn't do any damage to neither of them. He broke the window off it's window frame and looked back to make sure its safe to jump. He grabbed Chan and hesitated about the thoughts of just jumping out the window frame for safety. After a few seconds, he jumped and turned to his back facing the ground so Chan won't get hurt.

Jeonghan landed on the bush safety with Chan. He noticed a few firemen coming over to help them. One of them slowly got Chan out of the bush and took him to the nearest ambulance. It took Jeonghan a while to get out of the bush since, he landed his back onto the bush for Chan's safety. Once Jeonghan got out of the bush, he started looking for others, he went looking through the crowd to find them.

Another explosion happened and made everyone feared for their life, start running back away from their apartment home. Jeonghan, who is still struggling to find the others, was pushed back as the crowd is running in the opposite direction of him. Jeonghan fell on his back, giving him pain, but he endured it and got up trying to push through the crowd. Once he got out of the crowd, he began searching for his friends.

After the firefighters got rid of the fire from their apartment, he couldn't find anyone. Jeonghan decided to head to one of the ambulance to find Chan easily. Chan noticed him coming over and started waving his hand like the cheerful Chan he was.

"Jeonghan! Jeonghan!" Chan called out, watching Jeonghan approaching him. Jeonghan opened his mouth but no words want to come out. He just there watching Chan, who is smiling bright and cheerful about surviving this whole fire.

"Jeonghan, are you okay?" Chan said, his smile disappeared as he asked Jeonghan.

"I'm okay, don't worry, I was just thinking about how I helped save you" Jeonghan responded with the fake smile, so he doesn't worried Chan.

"I'll go look for Jihoon and them, stay here okay?" Jeonghan said to Chan and turned his back to look for their friends.

Jeonghan started asking the police and firefighters if they had seen any of his friends. Sadly, the first responders didn't know where all of them are at.

After a while, Jeonghan lost hope of finding them but he felt a sudden tap on his shoulder and turned around to see Seungcheol. Jeonghan pulled him into a hug after all this time to look for them, Seungcheol ended up finding him, not the other way around.

"What happened?" Jeonghan asked Seungcheol after separating from the hug.

"As we took a step out of the house another explosion happened, I guessed the others got scared and ran away, I tried to help Chan, but someone grabbed me and took me out of the building." Seungcheol answered, looking back at the ambulance, yet to see Chan.

"Okay, go see Chan while I go look for the others." Jeonghan said, Seungcheol nodded and started heading to Chan, leaving Jeonghan in the middle of the scene.