Chapter 4

Two weeks later

"Got anything about the fire?" Jihoon asked Jeonghan, who's barely keeping his head up.

Jihoon just looked at the sleepy Jeonghan, letting him get the rest he needs. Jihoon grabbed his phone and headed to the autopsy room. Jihoon called Seungcheol, hoping he's not the same as Jeonghan.

"Hello?" Seungcheol said, after picking up Jihoon's call.

"Hey Seungcheol hyung, meet me at the autopsy room, we can go see Jisoo there." Jihoon said before hanging up on Seungcheol before he can say anything.

Seungcheol on the other hand was as sleepy as Jeonghan, but he want to continue working on the case instead of sleeping. Seungcheol got himself up and left his house, heading to the autopsy room.

20 minutes later

Seungcheol met Jihoon at the front of the autopsy room. Jihoon noticed that Seungcheol is sleepy like Jeonghan.

"You could've told me that you were sleepy hyung, I wouldn't have you come if you're this tired." Jihoon said, patting on Seungcheol's shoulder.

"I wanted to solve this case too hyung, even if I have to skip out on some sleep." Seungcheol said, barely keeping his eyes open.

Jihoon grabbed his phone, quickly texting someone. Seungcheol on the other hand, started to sleep standing up. Jihoon noticed Seungcheol was about to fall asleep. Jihoon being the shorter guy then Seungcheol, quickly stand on a nearby seat and quickly put his arms in front of his face, before Seungcheol falls over while trying to sleep upward. Jihoon grabbed his phone out of this pocket with his free hand, then started texting Mingyu.

Jihoon: Hurry up, I need your help with Seungcheol hyung as well, don't forget your ID card so we can check out the apartment fire case to see if there's any other similaries to the other recent cases.

Dr. Gyu: I'm on my way, don't worry I got my ID card, don't let Seungcheol hyung fall on you.

Jihoon: Don't try to make a joke cause I'm the short one here, don't underestimate me.

Dr. Gyu: Alright hyung, see you soon, don't let Seungcheol hyung bite.

With that last message, Jihoon let out a sigh and want to hit Mingyu or at least try to hit Mingyu. Jihoon decided to call Soonyoung to do some little prank so the time can pass by quick.

"Hello?" Soonyoung picks up right away.

"Hello, is this Kwon Soonyoung?" Jihoon said in deeper toned voice.

"Who is this and where is Jihoon?" Soonyoung said, Jihoon could tell he's scared about what could happened to Jihoon himself.

"Answer my question first. Then I could tell you where your little Jihoonie is at." Jihoon said cringing at his own words.

"Uh... no you got the wrong number sir." Soonyoung said, his voice started to shake. Jihoon is trying so hard to not blow his cover on his little prank.

"Then how do you know this is Jihoon's number?" Jihoon started to ask more coldly and in of a  deeper voice.

"He's a regular at this chicken store, where he comes to pick up his food." Soonyoung said, giving Jihoon the shock cause he doesn't go to some store to go buy fried chicken.

"Why do you-" Jihoon was cut off by Seungcheol suddenly waking up, scaring Jihoon and himself.

"Jihoon hyung, don't try to fool me now.... you got me earlier, so please stop." Soonyoung said after hearing Seungcheol.

"Sorry Soonyoung, I was just waiting for Mingyu to hurry up and help me with the sleepy Seungcheol." Jihoon apologized.

"I'll get you back Jihoon-ya, I'll get you one day." Soonyoung said, calming down from that little prank from Jihoon.

"I want to see you try Soonyoung, I'll be going now." Jihoon said as he saw Mingyu heading his way, hanging up on the call between him and Soonyoung.

Mingyu greeted Jihoon and Seungcheol, then put his ID against the censor to open the entrance.

"There's one case that is similar that happened few days back, have you heard?" Mingyu said, looking  around to find the corpse.

"Oh really? Who's in charge of the case?" Jihoon asked.

"The other half of Meanie, a code name you guys made up of, is in charge, why?" Mingyu asked.

"Where is Wonwoo? Call him in please." Jihoon said as Mingyu found the burnt corpse.

"Okay." Mingyu said, grabbing his phone out of his pocket and started dialing Wonwoo.

While Mingyu is calling Wonwoo, Seungcheol walked over to where Mingyu was, to see the burnt body. Seungcheol never seen any burnt bodies before, when he looked, he immediately looked back and walked away from the body.

"What's wrong hyung?" Jihoon said when Seungcheol walked towards his direction.

"I didn't know I couldn't handle seeing a corpse." Seungcheol said, making Jihoon laugh. "Why are you laughing for?"

"You think I haven't seen any corpse before? I've seen lots when I was in Busan sir." Jihoon said with a serious, cold face.

"Wonwoo is on his way now." Mingyu said, catching the two's attention. "Since I got your attentions, come check out this body." He motions his hand for them to come over.

"I'm good over here." Seungcheol said as he points to ground signaling that he's not going to see the burnt body. Mingyu and Jihoon laughed at his reaction, Jihoon walked over noticing a small stab wound on the neck.

"You know how this got there?" Jihoon said, pointing to the stab wound.

"It can be from a pocketknife, the victim must've fought before getting stab there and eventually having the apartment floor on fire." Mingyu said, while looking at the wound.

"Speaking of apartment floor on fire, is this case have anything in common?" Jihoon said.

"Well I don't-" Mingyu said as he heard the door open, revealing Jeon Wonwoo.

"This case does have one thing in common, I've been looking at the Seoul Apartment Fire from 9 years and noticed something about it that is related to this." Wonwoo said as he walks up to the corpse.

"Is it the same person that did the fire from 9 years ago?" Jihoon said looking at Wonwoo hoping it can get them a step closer.