Chapter 8

"How are we going start on this case?" Jisoo asked.

"One, help Chan get his license, two, I'll need your brain to figure what location this one suspect they're after. Third, I want you to protect Chan and possibly help me case this guy." Jeonghan said.

"Is it this time of year for Chan already? Man aren't we getting old." Jisoo said with a chuckle.

"Come on. We'll talk more about this after getting the actual suspect of the the two cases." Jeonghan said getting ready to go.

"We getting started right now?" Jisoo said as he got up too.

"Of course Jisoo, I wanted to do this little competition against Wonwoo without him even knowing." Jeonghan said, smirking a bit. "You got a car with you right?"

"How do you think I got here for work everyday? Of course I drive my car here." Jisoo said as he picks up his book and took his car keys out showing Jeonghan.

Jeonghan took the car keys out of Jisoo's hand and headed towards the exit. Jisoo quickly followed behind him, trying to get the car keys back.

"Give me back my keys! You don't know how to drive the car!" Jisoo yelled as Jeonghan got to his car after figuring out where Jisoo's car at.

"Why are you talking so negatively about my driving skills. Come on." Jeonghan said opening the door of Jisoo' car then noticing something. "You never told me that you drive manual, I thought you drive automatic transmission."

"I told you that you can't drive the car, now give me back my keys." Jisoo said having his hand out, waiting to receive his keys. Jeonghan sighed in defeat then handed Jisoo back his keys and walked over to the passenger seat.

"Now, where are we going?" Jisoo asked.

"Let's go to your home. Wonwoo moved out couple months back right?" Jeonghan said, remembering where everyone is currently living at.

"Wonwoo moved out with Mingyu, Seungkwan, Junhui, and Minghao." Jisoo responded.

"So Hansol, Soonyoung, Seokmin and you living at that one house still?" Jeonghan asked, looking over at Jisoo.

"Yep, want to stay over there for a few nights?" Jisoo asked, starting up the engine.

"Yes please, we can start doing our own private investigations there, we can get Chan when he go on break., which is like in a few days." Jeonghan said, getting comfortable in the seat.

"Okay, lets start on it as soon as we get home." Jisoo said pulling out of the convenience store parking area.

30 minutes later

When they arrived at home, Jeonghan immediately got out of the car and ran to the locked door.

"Jisoo, can you hand me the key?" Jeonghan said, as he looked back at Jisoo, who is slowly getting out of his car.

Jisoo tossed the key to Jeonghan, who couldn't catch well. Jeonghan fumbled around to get the key. Jeonghan used the key to unlock the door and enter quietly like he would always do before. Seokmin came into the entrance of the door to see who came back and was surprised to see Jeonghan.

"Hyung, why are you here?" Seokmin asked.

"To sleep here for a few nights." Jisoo responded for Jeonghan after entering the door.

"Why? Seungcheol Jihoon and Chan bothering you?" Seokmin asked as he got out of the way for the two.

"Personal reasons, I already discuss with Jisoo." Jeonghan said as he settles on the couch.

"Well uh okay..." Seokmin said as he looked over to Jisoo. "Jisoo hyung, you mind if I can have a talk with you privately."

Both Seokmin and Jisoo walked to Seokmin's room, avoiding the eye contact.

"Why is Jeonghan hyung here?" Seokmin asked.

"It's something about the law, and I'm going to be helping him with it." Jisoo responded, looking at the Seokmin.

"I thought you don't like to deal with any law enforcement and what they do!" Seokmin said loudly, where Jeonghan could hear him.

"Okay, calm down first, it can be related to what happened 9 years back." Jisoo said with a calm quiet voice.

Jeonghan only heard mumbles from when Seokmin yelled at Jisoo. Jeonghan was only thinking about how they were going to get Jaeyoung or possibly the unknown man. He decided to get up and walked over to Seokmin's room to hear what Jisoo said, which was defending Jeonghan himself when Seokmin snapped on Jisoo. Jeonghan knocked on the door softly.

"May I help you?" Jisoo said as he peek his head out.

"You got a map of the providence in Seoul right? I would like to use the map for this case." Jeonghan asked and looked over at Seokmin, who is trying to calm himself.

"Yeah, it's in my room between books on the shelf." Jisoo said, pointing his room across the hall from Seokmin's.

"Okay, thank you." Jeonghan said, turning his back to Jisoo and headed to Jisoo's room.

As Jeonghan entered Jisoo's room, there was a desk, a bed and three bookshelves. Jeonghan sighed in defeated, knowing that it's going to be a while for him to find a map.

5 minutes later

Jisoo entered his room, forgotten that Jeonghan is still there looking for the map. Jeonghan just finished looking through the first bookshelf and started on the second bookshelf.

"Need my help?" Jisoo asked, leaning against the wall near the doorframe of his room.

"Yeah, I never seen this much books since my days in the academy." Jeonghan answered, looking back at Jisoo, taking a step away from the bookshelves.

Jisoo started digging through the bookshelf near him and found the map within 30 seconds of searching. He handed Jeonghan the map.

"Thank you, which rooms are open for me to use both to stay and investigate?" Jeonghan asked walking towards the door.

"There's a room on the other side of the house, next to Hansol's room." Jisoo said behind him.

Jeonghan thanked Jisoo and headed to other half of house, finding a big empty room with the bed and a desk there. Jeonghan lay out the map on the empty desk, carefully examining the map.

"Jisoo, do you know what buildings are currently abandoned?" Jeonghan said loudly for Jisoo to hear.