Chapter 9

Jisoo walked over to now Jeonghan's room and examined the map. He quietly pointed to places that are abandoned. Jeonghan started to see if there was any pattern of why the fire happened in the first place. After Jisoo pointed out a few abandoned places, Jisoo looked back at the older.

"We can visit the area tomorrow morning to see if there's any more abandon buildings." Jisoo said.

"How do you know those places are abandoned? And may I see a few markers or pen?" Jeonghan asked.

"I visited the area few days ago, and the markers should in the my room." Jisoo responded and headed to his room to get markers.

Jeonghan looked back at the map, noticing the abandoned buildings are a hospital, apartment buildings, police station and an unfinished construction site, according to the names of where the buildings are located. Jisoo came back with markers and started circling the buildings.

"We'll start tomorrow morning and look around in those places okay?" Jeonghan said looking at Jisoo.

"Okay, I'm going to go sleep, don't stay up too late." Jisoo said as he looked at his watch saying 9:49pm.

"Good night Jisoo." Jeonghan said, watching Jisoo leaving his room, then continuing on his thought process of the abandoned buildings.

9 hours later

Jeonghan woke up from Jisoo, then looked at his surroundings. He fell asleep on the map with marker still in hand. Jeonghan grabbed Jisoo's wrist to see what time it is and how long it's been since he's been asleep.

"What happened to you and why you grabbed my wrist first thing?" Jisoo said, pulling his hand away.

"Sorry, I usually don't those kind of things." Jeonghan said getting up from the desk.

"Anyways, get ready, we'll leave in 10." Jisoo said, walking out the room.

Jeonghan looked around his room, noticing a pile of clean clothes on his bed. He picked out a shirt and pants that could be his idea of what his outfit would be. After a while, Jeonghan came out of his room with a new set of clothes on and was greeted by Hansol and Soonyoung.

"Good morning hyung, I wad going to say 'hi' to you last night but you were fast asleep when I went to see you." Soonyoung said recalling last night. Hansol nodded to Soonyoung's words.

"Ah, good morning guys, has Chan texted you yet?" Jeonghan said, looking at Hansol.

"He texted me about what you were going to do with this case and he wants me to be part of it." Hansol answered, very confused about what's going on.

"If you're in, then I can explain what's going to happen and what's the big idea with this map here." Jeonghan said, pointing to the map.

"I guess I can help you out." Hansol said.

"What about me?" Soonyoung asked, looking at either one of the two.

"I don't want you to risk life, they already know the consequences, right Hansol?" Jeonghan said as he looked over to the younger. Hansol nodded then looked over at Soonyoung. "Now excuse me, I got business to do with Jisoo."

Jeonghan quickly got to the exit and found Jisoo leaning against the door with his shoes on, waiting patiently. Jeonghan put his shoes quickly and tapped on Jisoo's shoulder to get his attention.

"You finished right before that 10 minute timer goes off." Jisoo said showing his phone revealing 3 seconds on the timer.

"Not the time, let's go." Jeonghan said opening the door, almost making Jisoo fall over.

1 hour later

Jeonghan and Jisoo arrived at their first stop, the abandoned apartment complex. Jeonghan quickly scanned the surroundings of the building. Jisoo started taking pictures of the area from his phone, getting Jeonghan's attention.

"How do you know what to do when seeing an abandoned place?" Jeonghan asked, watching Jisoo snap pictures here and there.

"I learned this through Wonwoo when he was reading text books for when he was in the academy like you." Jisoo answered.

"You're pretty much like a book worm when it comes to text books like from the academy and your entrepreneur studies." Jeonghan said with a small chuckle.

Jeonghan and Jisoo spent some time walking around the complex taking pictures to go back through in some point of investigating. After a while, the two headed in the complex looking around, seeing artworks on the walls. They were seeing some messages saying "help me" or "is there anyone here". Jisoo and Jeonghan looked at each other, feeling some tension in the air. They continued looking around the complex carefully.

After searching through the floors of the complex, they found no hope, but continued searching for more. They searched each rooms, knowing most of the doors are unlocked.

"Let's spilt up, so we have time to squeeze in another building to visit today." Jeonghan said, looking over at Jisoo.

"Okay, you get the right side of the building and I'll take the left side." Jisoo said, pointing to the side, Jeonghan would take.

Jeonghan and Jisoo spilt ways looking through the complex. Jeonghan came across a locked door, which unfamiliar. He tried to open the door by forcing it to open. He looked around to see if there's anything to break the door with. Jeonghan grabbed a rock, hoping it could break the door knob. He started hitting the knob continuously.

Jisoo was hearing Jeonghan hitting something against a wall or a door, so he decided to head over to Jeonghan to see what's going on. Jisoo saw Jeonghan struggling on a door, he walked over to Jeonghan, stopping him.

"Let me try, I know you're tired from beating that knob for a while." Jisoo said taking the rock out of his hand. Jeonghan stepped away from the door, watching Jisoo.

Jisoo took out a paper clip and trying to make it straight with a few bends here and there. He insert the paper clip in the lock and moved the clip around hoping to unlock it. Soon enough the door unlocked, both Jisoo and Jeonghan pushed the door open slowly and walked in. When Jisoo looked in one of the rooms while Jeonghan was looking around the main halls. Jisoo opened a bedroom door and was shocked of what he saw, immediately closing the door. Jeonghan come over to Jisoo, after hearing the door slam.

"What happen? What did you see?" Jeonghan asked.