Chapter 14

Jeonghan gave Jisoo his phone and press the play button, playing the recording of Wonwoo and Yang WonIl's interrogation. Jisoo listened to the recording in silence. Jeonghan  stared out of space, waiting for Jisoo's response.

Jisoo handed back Jeonghan's phone and continued thinking about the recording.

"What do you think about it? Got any ideas?" Jeonghan asked, taking the phone back.

"It's 100% confirmed that the corpse we found is a victim of one of many murders from WonIl?" Jisoo asked in response.

"I guess, Wonwoo hasn't brought that up to him at all. Did Wonwoo leave the department yet?" Jeonghan said.

"You can give him a call, what are you going to do about it? Meet Wonwoo or go talk to Yang WonIl in private?" Jisoo started asking questions.

"I'll do both, I can meet WonIl before his trial in a few weeks. Wonwoo, since he's going to be free later, why not go to him first." Jeonghan said making up his mind.

"Okay." Jisoo said.

Hours later

Jeonghan was waiting outside of the convenience store for Wonwoo. When he spotted Wonwoo, he waved over at Wonwoo, smiling at him. Wonwoo noticed him and smiled, walking over to him.

"Hey hyung, why the convenience store?" Wonwoo asked.

"It's a thing called saving. Anyways, come on." Jeonghan responded then headed in the store.

Wonwoo followed behind, the two started getting food here and there and payed for their food. Jeonghan payed the food, while Wonwoo took the ramens to make. Jeonghan walked back to Wonwoo after thanking the cashier.

"Hey, don't you think anything suspicious about Mr. Yang?" Jeonghan asked, watching the machine pour the hot water in the bowl of ramen.

"Well, he was at that abandoned hospital when he was found, not too far away from the apartment complex too, what other areas could there be?" Wonwoo responding.

"Do you think he works with anybody?" Jeonghan asked.

"Good question, I should've asked in that room." Wonwoo said sighing.

"I'm going to meet him in a few days, you got any questions that you would want to know about him?" Jeonghan asked.

"Not at the moment, just ask him questions that can get us closer to how all of the fires, murders and such happen." Wonwoo said.

They started eating their food in front of the convenience store during the night. Jeonghan watch the stars while he was eating. Jeonghan got an unanimous caller unexpectedly and excused himself, leaving Wonwoo.

"Hello?"

"You're running out of time Jeonghan."

"Who's this and what do you mean by 'running out of time'?"

"Your brain of yours doesn't seem to connect the dots."

"Oh, you're the guy from a few nights ago, about my parents? Yeah don't worry, I could find you soon." Jeonghan said as he hang up the phone and walked back to Wonwoo.

"You're back? I need to get going." Wonwoo said, getting up from his seat.

"Where are you going?"

"Got a call when you were away, it's normal for calls from work are asking for me."

"Okay, be safe and don't get hurt." Jeonghan said patting Wonwoo, smiling.

"Get home safe too hyung. I'll see you tomorrow." Wonwoo said, walking away.

Back at Jisoo's home

Jisoo, Seokmin, and Soonyoung were watching television, waiting for Jeonghan to arrive back home. They heard the knock on the door, Jisoo getting up from his spot first.

"Must be Jeonghan, I'll go get the door." Jisoo said walking over.

Jisoo looked through the peephole of the door to make sure it was Jeonghan. It wasn't Jeonghan, Jisoo took a few steps back away from the door. He walked back to Seokmin and Soonyoung.

"Hyung, what's up with that face?" Soonyoung said, watching him.

"That's not Jeonghan, just hope he'll be gone by the time Jeonghan comes back." Jisoo said before the man pounds on the door.

"Hyung! Can you get the door, Chan trying to sleep here." Hansol said yelling from their room.

"Soonyoung, go tell Hansol what's going on, Seokmin, can you call Jeonghan?" Jisoo asked. "I could go open the door slightly."

Seokmin got his phone and dialed Jeonghan, while Soonyoung headed over to their room. Jisoo walked back to the door, looking through the peephole, making sure he still there. He's still there. Jisoo took a deep breath and opened the door slightly.

"May I help you?"

"I need to speak with Jeonghan."

"He's not home at the moment."

"He isn't? Well can I stay here until he gets here?"

"Um, we were about to go pick him up from a place nearby."

"Are you really going to let me stay out here when it's getting colder?"

"Sorry sir." Jisoo said as he tried to close the door.

The man put his foot between the door and door frame, with Jisoo trying to close the door.

"Do we have to do this? I just wanted to stay here for Jeonghan."

"Sorry sir, but can you please move your foot? We don't really allow people like you to come in and stay."

As Jisoo finished that sentence, the man forced the door to open with Jisoo falling back.

Jisoo got up and made eye contact with the man. The man took out a pocket knife and swing it at Jisoo. Jisoo dodge it quickly and punched back.

The man stumbled back but got up quickly, still trying to make contact to Jisoo with his pocket knife. Jisoo got low and kicked his legs to make him unbalanced. The man fell over, watching Jisoo coming over.