Chapter 3

4 months later

Since the day Seungcheol, Jeonghan, and Chan met Jihoon, they've yet to find Jisoo, Junhui, Soonyoung, Wonwoo, Minghao, Seungkwan, Hansol, Mingyu, and Seokmin. Little did they know, only the three of of the missing 9 would see them before seeing them all as a group. Seungcheol and Jeonghan began their career as a rookie detective with Jihoon supporting the two.

Seungcheol and Jeonghan would have to follow whatever directions they were told from Jihoon, since he is more experienced and was a very well-known detective back in Busan.

"We have to go to the park." Jihoon said, confusing Seungcheol and Jeonghan.

"Why? Is there a case at the park?" Jeonghan said.

"Yeah, let's go." Jihoon said getting out of his seat and headed towards the exit.

Jeonghan looked over at Seungcheol, who was also staring back at him, then got up following Jihoon. Jeonghan and Seungcheol doesn't know what type of case they're about to go see. Jihoon still ahead of Jeonghan and Seungcheol, was busying texting two unknown numbers, knowing who's who in their little group chat.

Jihoon: Meet me at the park. I'll be there soon.

???: Want me to bring hyung over?

Jihoon: Of course.

???: Okay, see you soon.

Jihoon walked over to his car, looking back to see Seungcheol and Jeonghan walking behind him slowly.

"Hurry up slow pokes, the police isn't going to wait for you guys all day." Jihoon said, getting in his car, ready to leave.

The two started running after seeing Jihoon started up his engine and was trying to drive away.

15 minutes later

The three arrived at the park, Jeonghan and Seungcheol looked around to just see an empty park.

"Jihoon, you think this is the right park?" Jeonghan asked looking around.

"Of course, theres three witnesses here." Jihoon said walking in the park, leaving the two clueless of what's going on.

"Hey Jihoon come over here!" Someone yelled out to Jihoon and catching the two's attention towards three men.

"Junhui! Soonyoung! Minghao!" Jihoon yelled out, immediately shocking Jeonghan and Seungcheol from afar.

Jeonghan and Seungcheol looked at each other then looked at the three and started running towards them. Soonyoung noticed the two running towards him and the others, Soonyoung smiled as brightly like he has been and ran to them, pulling Jeonghan and Seungcheol into a tight hug.

Junhui and Minghao went over to Jihoon to discuss what their plans to Jihoon that could have Jeonghan and Seungcheol their best day since the fire 9 years back.

"Jihoon, we've been with the others since that day, should we take Seungcheol hyung and Jeonghan hyung to see the others?" Junhui asked.

"Then I would have to get Chan from school, just text me the address then I'll be over there soon." Jihoon said, looking back at the three.

Jeonghan seems to be out of Soonyoung's tight hug but Seungcheol on the other hand, was having troubles getting out of Soonyoung's grip.

"Soonyoung! Let go of me!" Seungcheol exclaimed.

Jeonghan started to laugh at Seungcheol screaming at Soonyoung and walked over to Junhui, Minghao, and Jihoon. Jeonghan started to explain about Soonyoung's tight hug and why Soonyoung would let go of him instead of letting go the both of them.

After the explanation, Seungcheol is still yelling at Soonyoung to let go of him. Since Jihoon, Minghao and Junhui fully understood the situation between Seungcheol and Soonyoung, they started to laugh along every time they would hear Seungcheol screaming.

"Soonyoung-ah, let go of me will you?!" Seungcheol yelled, trying to force himself away from Soonyoung.

"But hyung! I haven't seen you since that day!" Soonyoung yelled back still hugging him tightly.

Jihoon quickly grabbed his phone and snap a quick picture of the two. With his ringer on, the two heard the click sound and looked at Jihoon, who was the only one with his phone looking at the two. Soonyoung quickly let go of Seungcheol and ran after Jihoon. Jihoon started to run away from Soonyoung, making Junhui, Jeonghan, Minghao, and Seungcheol laugh as Soonyoung ran past the three.

"Come on hyung! Just delete the picture or hand me the phone!" Soonyoung yelled causing everyone including Jihoon to laugh.

"I can bet you're tired Soonyoung." Jeonghan said out loud, noticing Soonyoung slowing down.

"I'm not tired Jeonghan hyung!" Soonyoung responded then started to speed up trying to catch Jihoon.

Junhui tapped on Jeonghan's shoulder after laughing at the two running continuously. Jeonghan looked at Junhui confused.

"I'll text Jihoon the address, want to meet the others too?" Junhui asked, seeing if Jeonghan got any reaction about the others being mentioned.

"You know where the others are at like right now?" Jeonghan said, shocked of what he just heard from Junhui.

"Of course I know where the others are at. We've been living together since that day." Junhui said as he was making hand motions to himself, Minghao, and Soonyoung.

"Minghao, go start up the car, we start having a reunion with 'Seventeen'." Junhui said excited about Jeonghan and Seungcheol coming over. Minghao dashed towards the car to get ready to head back for the reunion.

All 4 of them got in the car, Minghao driving and Junhui on his phone giving Jihoon the address. The 4 catch up on what has happened to them after the fire broke out.

35 minutes later

Junhui, Minghao, Seungcheol, and Jeonghan has been in the house with the others chatting away about how their life been going after the fire.

The doorbell rang, only Jisoo making the movement towards the door with everyone quiet like 9 years ago. When Jisoo opened the door and peeked his head out, he saw Jihoon, Soonyoung and Chan. He quickly closed the door on them.

"What's the password?" Jisoo said loud enough for the three of them to hear.

"Say the name." All three said together, then Jisoo opened the door.

"Wow you really remember." Jisoo said letting them in.

"Hey Jihoon hyung, you got a minute?" Mingyu asked.

"Well since I'm here, yeah, what is it about?" Jihoon said, looking up at Mingyu.

"Let's reinvestigate what happened 9 years ago, you're down for that right?" Mingyu asked.

"I'm down for that of course." Jihoon said, smiling.