3<3

"I'm leaving."

___________________

I watched as tears poured down my best friends face. I can't believe I have to leave him.

"We can FaceTime though? Every day!" I tried to cheer him up. Whenever Joe is sad, the room seems to darken, he brightens a room with his annoying preppy attitude that I love.

"But I won't be able to hug you, and I'll have to come on midnight walks to the treehouse on my own? And school! I'll have to face that stupid Dean Edwards on my own" I sniffled.

I can honestly feel my heart breaking, but there's nothing I can do. I smiled as best as I could, the little makeup I was wearing, probably having a mind of it's own on my face. "Come on, you can stay the night at my house." I grabbed his arm to help pull him up, and walked back to his car. Everything was silent, the whole way back to my house, except for the occasional sniffle from either one of us. Joe parked the car on my driveway and we both got out. The air had a sullen feeling to it, I hate it. I unlocked the front door, locking it behind us, and seeing it was only about 9pm, I shouted into the house.

"Mum, Joe is staying the night." I heard some type of noise as a response, and just assumed it was some kind of acceptance.

In my bedroom I have a pullout bed which Joe always sleeps on, he refused to ever sleep on the bed, unless I have a nightmare, he's the only one that can calm me down. They've been happening ever since the accident, my 'parents' don't even know I have them. I have a feeling that tonight I'd get a good nights sleep. I see that mother has already packed all my things, all except a pair of pyjamas, clothes for the plane, my bag for the plane, my toothbrush and a hairbrush. I washed off my makeup with water, brushed my teeth, and threw my hair up into a messy bun. I changed into my pyjamas before stalking into my room to find Joe in plaid pyjama bottoms and no shirt. Boy has a body, I'll give you that.

"Goodnight ShitHead."

"Goodnight BitchFace." To that, I slowly drifted off to sleep.

Boy was I wrong about having a good nights sleep. I woke up sweating and panting, my hands shaking, tears rushing to escape from my eyes. I had another nightmare. I can still see the blinding light, her piercing scream fills my ears as I squeeze my eyes shut. I lean over the bed and try to wake Joe up. He answers by steadily getting up and clambering into bed with me. He kisses my temple.

"Everything's going to be okay, alright? You're here with me, you're not there anymore, you're with me." He whispered to me as he lightly wrapped an arm around me. I nodded and tried to sleep again. Joe knows what my nightmares are about, he's the only person I've ever told, he's the only one that knows.

I guess I fell asleep because before I knew it, it was 6AM, and my alarm on my phone was waking us both up from a finally calm slumber. He and I groaned in unison, but nevertheless both sat up and in a way grimaced at each other, though we knew we was trying to smile.

I went to the bathroom, took a speedy shower, and put on my yoga pants and a baggy Nirvana shirt, along with my black vans. I brushed my teeth and brought my toothbrush into my room, placing it in my bag for the plane. I looked at myself in the mirror and frowned. I had bags under my eyes, and my naturally pink skin shone in the room light. I shook my head and placed my hair up in once again, a messy bun. Joe was in sweatpants, and a tie dye shirt. He just screams gay, it's adorable.

"You ready?" He asked softly, I did nothing but slightly nod my head in return, looking at my shoes. Joe grabbed my bag and took It downstairs for me. I looked around my room, time to say goodbye I guess. I kissed the wall, and smiled at the memories I have inside this room, which now looks like a blank canvas. I turned around and walked downstairs, only to greet my mother and father.

I was told our new house is already fully furnished, so we're obviously leaving behind our furniture, as it's not needed. My parents just walked outside, leaving the house as if it's nothing. Which to them I suppose it isn't, they're hardly in it to miss the beauty of that is our home. I sighed and followed suit. Sitting in the back of the mini van, next to Joe, we both listened to our music via our own earphones, not caring much what my parents were doing. I sighed again.

I miss it here already.