14<3

"Why?"

____________________

*Alex's Point Of View*

I sighed. I guess now he needs to know. I mean, you can't expect to walk in on somebody doing...that, and not want answers.

"Would you like to know the story from the start?" I asked, not giving him any eye contact, my vision kept on the floor.

"The start, but only if it's okay with you." He replied.

"Okay. Well, it started when I was thirteen years old. I was at the park with my best friend, Joe. We was just playing on the swings, when some slimy bastards who picked on us, decided to punch Joe, and a girl cut my cheek. I don't remember what with, but Joe and I ran back to my house, as it was just that little bit closer. We went inside, both of us in tears, when my elder sister, Jennifer, rushed down the stairs, obviously hearing the ruckus, to see what was wrong. She was 17, and had just learnt how to drive. She cleaned us both up, as we both had blood on us.

Jennifer offered to drive us to the shop to get some sweets, it was about 7PM. Obviously we agreed, and got in the back of the car. When we got to the shop, Jen led us inside, and told us to pick what we wanted. Joe got a bag of haribos, Jen got gummy bears, and I got minstrels. she paid and we left. The journey home wasn't the same as the journey there. We had to take a back road, as there was loads of traffic that had built up.

We stopped at a pair of traffic lights, and when the lights turned green, we started to go forward, when it happened. A car had drove into the front half of the vehicle. Jennifer was instantly killed. Joe reached into her pocket as I was screaming and crying. He grabbed her phone, and called an ambulance. They arrived shortly afterwards, the paramedics Saying That they would need to take us in to hospital as well to give us a check up. They took Jennifer's phone, and phoned my mum. My mother met us at the hospital, alongside my father.

My sister had been announced dead at impact. Joe and I were fine, only a few cuts and bruises. Mother believed that it should've been me that was hit, and I agree. Jennifer had so much to live for, and this, this was when I first self harmed. I stopped eating, nothing appealed to me, if I tried, I couldn't keep it down. No-one knew. My parents had started working later and longer hours, so even if they did care, they wouldn't know a thing. It was hard to keep from Joe, but I had to remember, it was traumatic for him too. She his older sister as much as she was mine.

Cutting had been a regular thing. A way for me to cope. It was my own little secret, my own little project. Sometimes I would pass out, but it just made me think, I was unable to feel the pain inside, even if it was only for a little while. Nobody has ever found out, other than you. So that's where it started. Why did I do it today? Twitter. Check my mentions. I was getting called fat, and ugly, and worthless, and to kill myself. I couldn't hold in the pain, I had to let something out. Let the blood out.

I understand if you leave me, everybody leaves at some point." I finished. Luke looked at me with wide eyes, and pulled me into a warm embrace.

"I promise you, I'm never leaving."

______________________

A/n:oh my god Thankyou for the 200 reads! It means so much! Love you all😘

-Lucy