Ruffled Hair

"I mean, seriously. What the fuck is wrong with you?" Blue snapped at Andrew for the umpteenth time as he unlocked the front door. "I mean- I was supposed to help clean up, you know? That was such a dick move to have me leave and not help pack up. If I never get invited back to Green Hill because of that stunt you pulled, I will suck your eyeballs out."

Staring at Blue incredulously, Andrew shook his head before stepping into his apartment. "He kissed you," he mumbled.

"Seriously?" they exploded. "You had to pull me out of there just because my best friend kissed me? Well, newsflash for you, honey, but we've done more than just kiss."

Jerking his head back to them, Blue was taken aback by how large and alert his eyes grew. "You mean...you've had-"

"And he's not even the man I lost my virginity to," they added with a smirk. Face dropping, they hmphed as they stomped over to the landline. "My phone was back there in my backpack, you know? Couldn't even let me grab my damn bag," they grumbled.

"Look, I admit that it was a little rash to drag you out of there, but I couldn't help it," he defended. "He kissed you, and I don't like that. He shouldn't be kissing you."

"And you shouldn't be getting upset over it," they countered. "We are not dating. I am not your property. You had no right- Hey, Aiden, do you see my backpack in there? ...Yeah, sorry about that...I don't know, but can you bring it over tomorrow? If you need to contact me, just call me here...Love ya too-"

Blue deadpanned as they stared back at Andrew. He hung over their shoulder, his hand slamming the phone back onto the receiver. He didn't let go of them. He was afraid to let them go. The two had sex. They kissed. They loved each other. He couldn't lose them. He was so close to being with Blue, and he couldn't stomach the idea of losing them.

He knew the moment he tore them away from Aiden and dragged them out of the bar that it was the wrong way to react, and he hoped Blue would eventually forgive him for it. But he didn't want to lose Blue if there was a chance that he could love them. "Are you and Aiden dating each other?"

"What?"

"Are you two dating each other?" he pressed, his voice dripping in regret.

"No," they exclaimed. "We never have dated each other, and we never will date each other. We've never had romantic feelings for each other. He was nothing but a rebound, and we're merely friends with benefits whenever we feel like it. That's it."

When he didn't say anything, Blue looked back to find Andrew's face coated in a thick layer of relief. They weren't dating. Blue was single. There was still a chance.

"Are you done?" they questioned as they pushed him off themself. "You need to quit acting all high and mighty, because it's bullshit, you know that? I don't know what sort of stunt that was, but it was not appropriate at all. I get that you came to the concert to make sure I would come home, but dragging me around seems a little much. Did you honestly have to?"

"I didn't come because I wanted you to come home afterwards," Andrew stated, appalled by the thought. "You said music was your passion, and I've never heard you play, so I thought that since I was caught up on work for the night, I would come and support you. I wanted to see you, and I'm glad I did, because you are so talented, Blue. You seriously are going to make it-"

"Quit buttering me up and tell me whatever you wanted to tell me before," they demanded, crossing their arms and tapping their foot impatiently.

He sighed. "You said I needed to stop my flirtatious antics with you because I'm in love with Luke."

"And it's the truth!" they exploded, taking him aback. "I am not a replacement for my brother, so your antics need to stop. I will admit that I didn't stop it earlier because I liked the way you made me feel, but I cannot fall for you, because you're in love with Luke."