Something Stupid

For two weeks, Andrew seemed cold and distant to Blue. Even though it wasn't in his intentions to, he couldn't help it. Blue had no idea why. Why wouldn't he kiss them on the lips anymore? Why did he rarely want to sleep in the same bed? Why wouldn't he touch them? Blue was leaving soon, yet he gave them nothing to hold onto while they were away. It almost felt as if he was glad they were leaving.

"I'm leaving this weekend," Blue stated as they leaned in the doorway to Andrew's office. He stopped typing and looked up at them over the top ridge of his glasses. "We haven't done anything to celebrate."

He sighed, lowering his head back towards the computer. "I've been busy with my novel-"

"Can't you take a break?" they pleaded. "I want to spend some actual time with you this weekend, because I love you, and I am going to miss you. Can't we go do something?"

Taking off his glasses, Andrew rubbed the bridge of his nose and nodded. "No, yeah. Totally. What do you want to do?"

Taking a deep breath, Blue handed Andrew a printed ticket for a set of luxury hotels outside of Chicago. "I want to go here with you. The weather is finally turning nice, and I would like it if we could spend some alone time together."

"Did you already buy these?" Andrew asked as he inspected the ticket's front and back.

They nodded one quick nod. "Yes."

"Alright." He stood up and popped his back. "Pack a bag. We're leaving tonight."

"Really?"

"Really."

Blue beamed. They threw their arms around Andrew's neck and kissed his cheek before running to their room. They were desperate to spend as much time as they could with him before leaving for six months. Blue was not prepared to be away for so long. They needed to spend some quality time together before it was too late.

This was the final weekend the two would be able to spend together for six months. No matter what, they intended to spend the whole time loving Andrew, saving up on the memory of his touch and love for when the nights got long. As long as they could remember his touch, they would be able to make it via phone calls, text messages, and video chats the whole time. No matter what, they would make it work. Blue refused to say goodbye to him.

Andrew lingered in the doorway to Blue's bedroom. He watched them pack, oblivious to his presence. He noticed the slightest bit of distress on their face, and he assumed it had to do with the stress of going out on tour. If he would be able to help relieve any of their stress, he would do so. He wanted to enjoy one final weekend with them before they left.

When Blue noticed him, they smiled wide and zipped their bag. "Ready?"

Holding out his hand for them, he said, "Let's go."

^^^

From the moment they arrived, the atmosphere from the apartment consumed the hotel suite. Andrew sat at the table in the kitchen, typing away at his laptop, and Blue sat on the couch watching TV. The two were separated, Blue could feel it. If it was something they'd done, they wanted to be aware of it. They couldn't tell if they had done something wrong or if Andrew was finally getting tired of them.

"Why don't you come take a break. Sit with me," Blue called out to him.

"I have to finish this chapter before I can."

"Can't you finish it after the weekend?"

"I wish, but you know work."

"That's never stopped you before."