Temporary

"Finally, a bachelor's paradise once again!" Aiden exclaimed as he flopped back onto his bed. "It's about time you moved out."

Snatching a pillow off the couch to whack him in the head, Blue laughed as they flopped down beside him. "He loves me," they sang. "I can confidently state that he loves me. He wants to be with me as much as I want to be with him. It's like a dream."

"Listen, I'm glad you've got your peace of mind and all, but do you mind leaving already?" he pressed. "I've got a hot date tonight."

"With your hand?" they smirked, earning a whack to the face with a pillow. "What? You don't date people. That's not your thing."

"No, it's not. Doesn't mean it'll always be."

"Yeah, well when you actually do go on a date with someone, I'll know before you even know." Grabbing their last bag by the door, they spun around with a sigh. "I'm strangely going to miss living with ya."

"When we go on tour, we'll be together again. Or when I decide to move in with you and Mr. Fancy Pants," he joked. "Now come on. We've gotta practice."

"You think Andrew will like it?"

"He'll like anything you give him. Besides, it's one song. You only ever have to play it once for him, and that's it. If he hates it, he won't even say a word about it, just smile and nod."

"Gee, thanks, I feel so much better," they deadpanned. "But I put my heart and soul into this. I mean...it's inspired from his book. I don't even know if he likes the sound we have for the band. Pop rock with a bit of a punk feel...not exactly the same thing Rosebud was."

"Rosebud was just our start. Now we've got a new, better sound. Are you saying you don't like the band we've built?"

"Not at all," they quickly assured. "Just...Andrew's taste. I don't want him to hate it just because it's not his favorite genre."

"He's dating a soon to be future rock star. He better like your sound, or he can get over it. You're talented, and he'll like the song. Quit being nervous."

"Wow, I'm not nervous anymore. Thanks for those kind words of wisdom," they sassed.

^^^

Walking down the streets of Chicago, a part of Blue was afraid to hold Andrew's hand in public. Did people know who he was? Were people going to take his picture and plaster it all over the internet? It was something Blue knew they were going to have to figure out and grow accustomed to once they rose to stardom. Despite their fears, they wanted to hold Andrew's hand, show off their amazing partner. And they clung onto his arm, resting their head on his shoulder as the two walked down the city streets back home from their favorite diner.

"I'm really glad you're out," they said, looking up at him with a smile.

Placing their hand over Blue's, he smiled back. "Me too. I didn't think you would treat me out to dinner right away since you did promise me a little something-something."

"Sure, go on ahead and think about sex the moment you're out," they spoke with a roll of their eyes, a smile present on their lips.

"Now you know that's not the only thing I think of. I miss holding you and being in your presence. I wish I could have helped you move back in."

"It's cool. Aiden helped me. He took good care of me while I lived with him."

"Yeah, he let you fall asleep on the toilet."

"That was one time," they laughed, and Andrew joined in. "I'm just looking forward to getting things back on track from here. And you better begin to take better care of yourself. From now on, promise me that you won't hide your feelings and actually come talk to me when you're upset or work gets too much."