Break My Stride

Four months. Four months of touring. Four months of drinking. Four months in a tour bus coasting all over America with the newest punk rock band that was rising to stardom, Resting Bitchface.

It was a dream. It had to be. Being played on the radio. People coming out to Resting Bitchface concerts only to see Galactic Cannibalism. Blue and Aiden felt as though they were back in high school with their old band, dreaming up scenarios neither ever thoughts would come true. Playing for large crowds. Signing fans breasts. People asking to sleep with their favorite band member.

Life was going well. With the success of the tour, it seemed rumors were spreading across the fanbase of an official album coming out. While the band may have been met with mediocre success, there was no guarantee of a solo tour. It didn't stop the band from wanting to tour, even if they remained an opening group for a while.

Suzanna, lead guitarist of Resting Bitchface, wandered over to Blue. With everyone off the bus to take a break at a pit stop, they continued to text Andrew while he was taking a break from a long meeting.

"I have to ask," she said as she sat down. "How do ya get through the long nights without him? Don't ya miss him like crazy?"

The only reason Resting Bitchface knew anything about Blue and Andrew's relationship was because Andrew sent Blue flowers after a month of touring. Everyone began to tease Blue until they revealed who they were seeing. After telling Resting Bitchface about their secret relationship, everyone agreed to keep it private.

"Of course, I do. I love him. He's the most important person in my life...you know, other than Luke. We still love each other after all this time apart, and we've worked towards making time for one another."

"By always texting him?" Suzanna smirked. "Gotta say, I admire your dedication. I could never do long distance. If I'm ever gonna get married, ya betta believe they will come with me on the road. I ain't trusting nobody."

"Good luck with that," Blue awkwardly chuckled.

It was challenging when the nights got long, and the two spent more time apart from one another than they hoped for, but it was all worth it. Blue was touring, living out their dream before the main dream. And Andrew supported them. He was there for them, ready to help them whenever he was called into action.

It helped that they always texted one another. Blue always responded to messages, even if Andrew couldn't respond right away. There were no good mornings or goodnights, just a long, endless stream of texts. I love you was the way one said good night, and the conversation would pick up the next day.

The only goodbyes were over the phone or computer (a rare event due to the horrible Wi-Fi on the bus). And with each goodbye, a new hello would commence the moment one sent a text to the other. It was long and hard, missing the other's touch, but hearing the other's voice was enough to keep each of them moving and inspired. Nothing was going to break their stride.

A: Where are you playing tonight?

B: We're in Burlington. I'm excited. Rory said they have the fifth biggest GC fanbase. Looking out for a lot of fans

A: lol everyone is sure to be your fan once you play.

B: Oh ha ha

A: I'm serious. Your fanbase grows every day.

B: And how do you know that?

A: You told me

"Oh, he got you there," Alister teased.