Trust

"What a dick," Aiden grimaced as he took a sip of beer. "What sort of dumbass does Jared think he is?"

"The kind who doesn't get drunk before a big show like this," Rain said as she snatched the bottle from his hand and placed it on the table. "I don't need to worry about you messing up."

"Like I could. If anything, the alcohol will make me better."

"Yeah, right."

"Seriously, let me show you," he insisted as he reached for the bottle, but Rain slapped his hand before he could touch it.

"If you begin a dependency on alcohol before performing, it just means you're on your way to becoming an alcoholic," Heather said as he rolled up her dress shirt sleeves. "You don't need to go down that road."

"He's right," Blue agreed, shouting from inside the bathroom. "We need to be sober enough to remember this."

"I never thought we'd actually be playing here,"Liam said as he packed his bass. "We may be playing at bigger clubs, but I didn't think anyone from a book party would know who we are."

"It wasn't about who knew us, rather who we know. And thanks to Blue, we now know quite a few people," Aiden teased.

"Maybe we can get a bigger recording studio, or even a record deal-"

"You're thinking too big," Blue stated. "I want all that one day, too, but I know people in the book publishing business, not music. I don't know who they know, but I'm sure this will be good for us. We're playing for people in the big leagues tonight. We are playing for actors and movie business representatives. Who knows where this could lead us?"

"To bigger things," Rain said as she held Aiden's beer bottle in the air.

"Bitch, that's mine!"

"Come get it, pretty boy," she smirked, dodging his attacks.

"Don't break each other before a show!" Liam exclaimed, laughter ringing through his words. "We need our guitarist."

"What about your singer?" Rain gritted.

"We have Blue."

"Leave me out of this," they demanded. Stepping out of the bathroom, they crossed their feet and spun around for their band with a smirk. "How sexy am I tonight?"

"Ooh, sexy as hell," Heather hollered. "You certainly know how to rock a suit."

Black, fitted dress pants, maroon blazer reaching down to their midcalf with crimped sleeves, a loose black t-shirt underneath and white close-toed heeled boots. They were a catch, everyone knew it. Aiden was dressed in his black suit with a violet outline and tie. The two were asked to be guests to represent the band performing while everyone else waited backstage until 8:15 when they would perform the song.

It was no surprise Blue was asked to attend since they were dating Andrew. And since Aiden was part of the original band and Blue's best friend, it was for the best that he accompanied them to the party. Though they wished everyone could join, they didn't want to seem ungrateful for the chance to perform.

"Well, we'll see you all out there. Behave yourselves. If I get even one call-"

"Bye, Blue," everyone sang as they closed the door on the two.

"How rude," they muttered as they headed to the elevator.

"Is Andrew already there?"

"Yeah, he was one of the first to arrive. Had to be. Poor guy. He hates these parties so much," they sighed.