Ultimatums

"Why don't you just move back in with Andrew? You're always staying at his house anyway," Aiden shouted to Blue over the loud shower. "As much as I love you staying here, you're only here after a concert or a long day of school. And then you spend a night with Luke and Sara, and then you spend the rest of the week with Andrew, so why not just move back in with him?"

"Don't you think I've been trying?" Blue groaned. "I want to live with him, but each time I try to bring it up, he switches the subject and asks about Luke and if I've moved in with him yet or if I'm still staying with you. I can't take it anymore!"

"Why not ask him about it? Whenever he tries to interrupt you, interrupt him back. Make him realize you're not going to stop talking about it. You want to talk with him, then do it. Talk to him about it whether he likes it or not," Aiden demanded.

Blue snickered. "Wow, you are quite passionate about my relationship, aren't you?"

"I love you, Blue, but I want you out of my apartment. There's not enough space here for us. If it was bigger, wouldn't care. But we are spending more time here than I think we realized we would, and it's getting cramped."

"Gee, thanks."

"In all seriousness, though, if Andrew actually loved you, he would want you to continue to live with him rather than just constantly ask you to stay the night. He wouldn't have even asked you to move in with your brother in the first place."

Blue hated to admit that was true. Was there something more to it all? Was Andrew's love all in vain, or was this the path thing Luke mentioned? 

Each time Blue left his apartment, Andrew always seemed down in the dumps, afraid he was the cause of them leaving. He may have been the one to make them leave, but they didn't want to leave just as much as Andrew wanted them to. But they did. Every night when they had to go back to Aiden's for school or work or when they had to spend the night at Luke's, they left. And each time Andrew was afraid they wouldn't come back, despite Blue promising to.

If Andrew truly loved them, wouldn't he have wanted them to stay? Wouldn't he have asked them to move back in? Maybe it seemed impractical since Luke was now nearby, but it was more convenient to stay with Andrew than their brother. And it was healthier than living a cramped lifestyle in Aiden's studio. It was better to be with Andrew, and if he loved them, he would have wanted them to stay. That was what Blue believed, and the fact he didn't seem to want them to stay hurt.

"Just talk to him," Aiden shrugged, scrolling through Twitter on his phone as Blue got dressed.

"Do I really just go over there to yell at him about moving in again?"

"It wouldn't be impractical since over half your stuff is still there." Sitting up tall on the bed, he smiled wide. "You could also congratulate him on winning the Lambda award!"

"He won?" Snatching Aiden's phone from his grip, they scrolled through the article, squealed, and hugged Aiden. "He won! He actually won. I knew he would win. Ugh, I can't believe it. I need to congratulate him."

"Maybe his present could be you moving in with him," he teased as they began to tie their shoelaces.

"No, I already have a different gift in mind, and I still need the band to help me finish it," they claimed. "I'll see you guys tonight, alright?"

"You will be there on time, right?"

"Just call me to remind me," they suggested. "I don't know where this conversation will go."

"I'll call when you need to be on your way."

"Perfect."

^^^