Blue Moon

They said it. The confession Blue was not ready to make seemed perfect to say in the moment because it was honest and true. With that being what they wanted to hear from Andrew, they knew they had to tell him. Maybe that little bit of reassurance would allow him to open up to them and be vulnerable. As long as he was in their presence, he would never have to cover up himself. They wanted to be the person who could read him so well they would be able to hand him a tissue before he felt the need to sneeze.

Based on the way Andrew smiled at them, they knew it was the right thing to say. "I'm so happy right now," he murmured, a couple tears poking at his own eyes. "I never thought I'd live to see the day."

"You didn't think I would fall for you?"

"Not so soon." Sitting on the couch, he sat Blue on his lap. "I thought it would be a while. You told me you were afraid I was still in love with Luke, but I'm not. I'm falling in love with you, too."

"It's not that I am, it's just that I think I am," they shyly mumbled.

"Ah, but that still means you are the road to loving me, isn't that right?" he teased, nuzzling his nose in their neck. "Maybe you already do love me. Do you?"

"Maybe," they murmured.

"Do you want to be with anyone else but me right now?"

"No...Do you?"

"Not in the slightest," he stated passionately as he planted his lips on theirs. They wrapped their arms around his neck, pulling him in close as they licked his lips. Opening his mouth, Andrew stood up, and Blue wrapped their legs around his waist. He carried Blue to the bedroom, threw them on the mattress, and slammed the door shut.

^^^

"Oh, my gosh," Andrew mumbled under his breath. Blue blinked their eyes open, surprised to find Andrew awake before them. But when they glanced at the alarm clock on the side table, they knew he wanted them to sleep in again. It was eight forty in the morning, and he was supposed to be asleep for another twenty minutes. But his phone was pressed to his cheek, and he was staring at the door in shock.

"Yeah, that's great," he stoically responded. Glancing at Blue beside them, he shook his head softly as they stared up at him quizzically. "See you soon." He hung up the phone.

Blue assumed he would tell them the news. Instead, he crawled back under the covers and pulled them in close, kissing behind their ear. "Go back to sleep. It's the weekend."

"You're always up at nine. What was that phone call about? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah," he mumbled into their hair. "I've been nominated for a Lambda Literary Award."

"What?" Blue rejoiced as they shot up out of his arms, smiling down at him in awe. "You won?"

"Nominated," he chuckled. "I won't know for a couple of weeks if I won or not."

"Andrew, that's incredible. I...I-I don't know what kind of reward that is, but still...just...wow," they exhaled. "That's amazing."

"Yeah." Nudging them by the arm, he attempted to coax them to lay back down with him. "Just sleep some more. I'll make breakfast."

"Okay," Blue groaned as they watched him crawl out of bed, "why aren't you more excited?" They sat up on the bed, the blanket falling onto the floor. "This is a big deal. You were nominated- Don't walk away from me, mister," they complained as they followed him into the kitchen. "You should be excited."

"I am excited," he shrugged. Taking a bowl out of the cupboard, he asked, "Is cereal good? Maybe some oatmeal?"

"Maybe you should be more excited about being nominated for a book award. Unless there's a reason not to be." They gasped. "Is this the equivalent of a Razzie award? Oh, Andrew-"