For Once In My Life

A part of Andrew had a feeling something like this would happen. Though Blue had told him that there was nothing going on between the two, he noticed the way Aiden looked at them. How was he was always checking on them, making sure they were safe and taken care of. Not to mention how the two had kissed and had sex with each other. Though that didn't always mean something, it had to with Aiden.

The way he cared for Blue was more than friendly, he could tell. And witnessing him hovering above them, out of breath and smiling in disheveled clothes as though they had been making out hard core was the tipping point.

Andrew wasn't the type of man who enjoyed to be played for a fool. If Blue had told him right away that they had feelings for Aiden, even if they didn't know what sort of feelings they were, that would have been it. Instead, they convinced him of lies claiming that the two never had any romantic feelings towards the other. Aiden was a rebound then, but there was nothing to rebound from this time. Not unless there was another guy, because Andrew was waiting for Blue with open arms.

But seeing the two on the bed, he knew his arms would remain empty a while longer. There was no love for them to share with him, and he had to accept it. It was difficult to watch the one he loved slip through his fingers once again and leave him to rot, but there was nothing he could do. With Blue, there were no "bros being bros" way to release the pent-up tension. This time, he was truly alone with nothing but his broken heart.

He had to restrain himself from stomping up to Aiden and pulling him off Blue, claiming they were his. They were not his, they wanted to be with Aiden. So he clenched his fists, shut the door, and walked downstairs to his bedroom.

"Oh, shit," Aiden whispered. Jumping off Blue, he fixed his shirt before snatching his laptop and bag off the desk. "I'll see you tomorrow. I'll be sure text you the audition details."

"Aiden.." When he didn't stop and continued to run down the stairs, they ran after him. "Aiden!" they called out to him, slamming the door shut before he could leave. "You did nothing wrong. You realize that, right?"

"I may have jeopardized your chance to be with Andrew," he whispered-shouted at them. "What kind of friend does that?"

"The innocent kind who had that 'walk in on an out of context moment' cliché." They grabbed onto his arm, pleading for him to face them. "Look at me," they whispered, helpless. "You did nothing wrong. Don't stress over this."

"Good luck," was all he said before exiting the apartment, slamming the door shut behind him.

Blue locked the door and leaned their forehead against it, heaving a sigh. "You know, you do that a lot," Andrew commented.

"Do what?"

"Sigh," he stated. "That's a sign of depression."

"Is it?" Shaking their head, they sat on the couch, eyeing Andrew as he entered the kitchen and grabbed a glass from the top shelf. Dragging their knees up to their chest, they rested their chin on the kneecaps as they stared at him. "Andrew?"

"Yes, Blue?"

"How did you know you loved me?"

"I told you."

"Tell me again?"

A trick, perhaps? Maybe it was a way to torture him, seemingly tease him. Cause him to reminisce in his unreciprocated feelings. But Blue wasn't the type to do that. They were far too kind to want to ever purposefully inflict pain on someone unless they deserved it. As far as he knew, he hadn't done anything to get on their bad side, except drag them out after the concert.

He sighed to himself, turning around to face them. "It was after your brother announced his engagement. You got mad over the situation for me, claiming Luke should have seen the signs and not have been so excited to tell me. You were crying for me over something that didn't involve you. You cared about me enough to cry for me, and made me feel safe enough to cry in front of you. No one's ever been able to do that before."