Down The Rabbit Hole

"A female editor? Who cares? That sort of thing happens all the time. It doesn't mean they're dating each other," Aiden stated. He strummed absentmindedly on his guitar while Blue continued to play the same note repeatedly. "If you don't stop that, I will murder your face."

"With yours?" they smirked.

"Aw, you're back," he teased. "Seriously, get over it. I know it- I just know that his relationship with his editor is purely platonic, because no man would just pull away the person they like after being kissed by a different person without having real feelings for them. If something was going on between those two, he wouldn't have thought twice about me kissing you."

"Don't know if I agree with that."

Aiden threw his head back and groaned loudly. "Come on, Blue. You need to stop throwing yourself into this funk. There's nothing going on with the two of them. He likes you. He loves you, he said so."

"Just because people say they love you doesn't mean they actually mean it."

"Andrew is not Hayden," he countered, earning a glare from Blue. "Seriously. You are holding this man up to an impossible standard, because your heart was broken by a guy who was too big of a coward to break up with you in person. Not all guys are going to break your heart."

"Doesn't mean I'm not allowed to wary," they defended.

"No," he sighed. "You're right about that. There are a lot of guys out there who would do that to people, but that doesn't mean all guys are going to do that."

"So I should just throw caution to the wind and allow someone to potentially break my heart again? Sorry, but no."

"Blue," he groaned, "I understand it, alight? I don't fully get it, but I understand that you went through a lot with Hayden. I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with Andrew if you don't like him. But whenever you're freaking out over something, you always tend to rant and talk about nothing but that because you want to talk your feelings out. That has to mean a part of you likes him. Admit that, and I can actually help you. I can't help if you give me nothing."

Blue hated to admit that they were feeling romantic feelings for someone again. A part of them definitely liked Andrew. It wasn't love, but their feelings were stronger than a crush. Maybe it was due to the fact that he loved them rather than liked them. There was still doubt due to their brother, but it was possible to move on after loving someone for ten years. There was no reason why he couldn't fall out of love with Luke and fall for them.

The moment they agreed that a part of them liked him though, where were they supposed to go from there? Did that mean the two automatically had to be in a relationship? Was the fluttery feeling in their chest due to the excitement of potentially dating him? Blue liked him, but he loved them. They knew they wouldn't be able to reciprocate those feelings that quickly, and they didn't find it to be fair to Andrew to date him when a tiny part of them was still in love with Hayden. And they didn't think it would be fair if it was the other way around due to Luke.

But Blue couldn't lie and say they didn't like him, so they told Aiden.

"Then do you think your scatter brain is going insane because you know that he doesn't have anything going on with his editor, but you are looking for a reason to not be with him out of fear?"

"Yes," they whispered. "But she has a key to his apartment, and she's the only person on his team who does. She's always visiting. She leaves chocolates, drinks, and snacks behind every time she comes over, and I don't think it's supposed to be a platonic gift."

"What about the fact that he doesn't take good care of himself? You told me he goes days without sleeping and that he never ate any actual meals or stuff before you came to live with him. Maybe she comes in to help take care of him. Maybe if you agree to date him, he will take back the key," Aiden suggested.