Consequences

"I never thought I would see the day," Aiden said as he sat in the back of the band's van with Blue. While the rest of the band enjoyed the party, Aiden spotted Blue being escorted out of the hotel and followed after them. When he realized they were high, he dragged them to the van and threw them in the back to help ward off the high. "I mean...smoking at home, yeah, but in a hotel?"

"I was trying to get Jared in trouble."

"How? Were you with him?"

"Yeah," they nodded. "We were...and...and we...dammit, what did we do?"

"Got high," he deadpanned.

"Oh yeah," they laughed, falling onto their side. "We got so high. I was spewing wisdom like a damn saint. I'm a miracle worker," they whispered.

"I wouldn't consider you high and mighty, and you shouldn't either," Aiden stated. "It makes you pretentious."

"Pretentious. I love that word." They gasped. "We should write a song called Pretentious and it's all about me."

"It would certainly work," Aiden grumbled. "Now destress your breasts and try to come down from your high. How the hell is Andrew going to react to all of this?"

"I don't want to see Andrew," Blue whined.

"Why not?"

"Because he will be so disappointed in me. I left his party to go smoke weed with his brother, because I wanted him to be the one to be kicked out, not the other way around. I was going to play the victiniminium. Victoom."

"Victim?" Aiden chortled.

"Yeah," Blue sighed. "Andrew needed me, and I wasn't there for him. I'm a shitty partner."

"At least you were trying to do a good thing. I think that's what really matters."

"Oh, I wish I- Put that bitch where he belongs. I want him out of Andrew's life, but I need him in it so they both see...see...see shit." Blue pouted.

"Take a nap. I'll be right here with you," Aiden sighed.

The back doors to the van burst open, and Blue popped up like a whack a mole with half lidded eyes. "Shit, where am I?" they mumbled.

"That's what I wanted to know," Andrew stated.

While they could feel the high beginning to wear off them, they knew they were not sober enough to have a conversation with Andrew about their whereabouts.

"We need to talk," he stated.

Glancing behind him, Blue spotted Jared lingering by the hotel doors, talking with the employee who kicked them out. He stared right at them.

"Yeah," they agreed. "We should."

Andrew helped Blue out of the back of the van and dragged them to his own car. "Thanks, Aiden. We'll see you some other time."

"Go easy on them, now," Aiden smirked.

Andrew opened the car door for Blue. He stared at them. He didn't say anything. There was no expression on his face. He merely stared, and that was all the more nerve inducing. Blue was not sure they would be able to handle the clear-cut conversation the two were about to have on the way home.

Andrew didn't say anything as he began to drive. He merely turned up the heat, played a song on low volume, and drove. Despite the disappointment radiating off Andrew, the car was relaxing as a whole. Blue was unable to help themself as they leant against the window and doze off.