Split Decisions (Jyrus)

Jonah and Cyrus are having a conversation when TJ joins. He asks an important question, but something causes Cyrus to make a few decisions.

Jonah and Cyrus were merrily talking about life. It was a really sunny day and they were in the park, which was almost abandoned. Sitting on one of the benches, they reminisced about old times.

Jonah: I can't believe that a year ago you became the Space Otters' MVP.

Cyrus: I know, how quickly time flies.

Jonah: And I'm pleased that we feel confident enough to talk to each other about our problems.

Cyrus: That's always a good thing.

TJ wanted to finally ask Cyrus out, but he was nervous, particularly as he thought there would be competition for Cyrus' affection.

TJ: Hey guys.

Cyrus: Hi.

Jonah: Morning.

TJ: So Cyrus, I wanted to ask you a question.

Cyrus: What is it TJ?

TJ: Come over here, it's a personal question.

Cyrus: Okay... See you in a moment Jonah.

Cyrus followed TJ over to another bench far away enough from Jonah for them to speak more privately.

TJ: I wanted to ask if, maybe you'd like to go out with me?

Cyrus: Well, to answer your question I...

What they hadn't realised is that whilst they had gone away, Jonah had started to freak out. He was having a panic attack, and he hated that feeling.

Jonah had pretty much lost control of his breathing, but was able to just about call for the one thing that calmed him down.

Jonah: Cyrus!

Cyrus was interrupted from answering TJ by Jonah. He was then put into a difficult situation. Did he think only of himself and answer TJ, or would he be a loyal friend and go to help Jonah? He knew what he needed to do.

Cyrus: TJ, give me a minute, I must help a friend in need.

Before TJ could even answer, Cyrus had run back to Jonah quickly and held his friend's  arms protectively.

Cyrus: It's okay, I'm right in front of you, nothing bad will happen.

Jonah: Help!

Cyrus: Keep calm, don't think about anything other than happy thoughts.

TJ had kept a watchful eye on the situation, as he had previously found Jonah like this at Cyrus' Bash Mitzvah. In the heat of the moment, Jonah felt that there was something he really needed to say.

Jonah: There is only one thing that makes me happy.

Cyrus: Well think about that then.

Jonah: I don't need to.

Cyrus: But why not?

Jonah: Because he's right in front of me.

Cyrus felt like he was dreaming... He now knew that two of his friends, his best friends, really liked him.

Cyrus: I... make you happy JoJo?

Jonah: Yes Cy-guy, no one has that ability, not even Andi.

Cyrus: Why are you saying this now?

Jonah: They say there's no time like the present. I just really love you so much.

TJ felt like he couldn't even compete with Jonah at this point. It was clear to him that not only had Jonah admitted he liked Cyrus, but he saw how deeply Cyrus cared for Jonah. He felt it was time to step back completely.

TJ: You know, you are cute together. You should go out.

Cyrus: You're okay with that?

TJ: Yeah, as much as I wish it was me, you two care so much about each other. You need to be together.

Cyrus: Thank you TJ, that's very sweet.

Jonah: You are a great friend.

TJ: Don't mention it.

As TJ left, Jonah was finally calm again, but Cyrus looked puzzled. He didn't know how this could've happened.

Cyrus: Are you sure about this?

Jonah: I've never been more certain about anything.

Cyrus: Does that mean that we can date now?

Jonah: I thought you'd never ask.

Jonah gently pecked Cyrus on the lips. It wasn't long, but it was enough for Cyrus to know that they were meant for each other.

What do you think?