Fall Out (Jyrus)

Tensions are high between Cyrus and Jonah, leading to some strong words.

Andi and Buffy were not liking what they were witnessing. Whenever they would hang out with Cyrus and Jonah, the boys would remain quiet.

When they sat down for lunch, Andi took the initiative and decided that she wasn't going to let this continue.

Andi: What is going on here?

Cyrus: Ask him.

Jonah: What?!

Andi: Calm down you two, just tell me what happened.

Cyrus: Jonah told me I couldn't watch him play Ultimate anymore.

Buffy was confused by this, and now she was desperate to know more. She had never seen either boy act like this.

Buffy: What do you mean?

Jonah: Cyrus kept shouting at the team as we played, we got distracted and lost the match.

Buffy: This seems a bit extreme.

Jonah: I like Cyrus, but he can't be so loud when we play.

Cyrus: In that case, what's the point of watching you Jonah?

Andi: Boys, you need to talk this over now, because if you don't, it'll get to a point where you can't.

Andi was pleading with them, she didn't want to see their friendship completely destroyed when it didn't have to be.

Jonah: I'm not wasting my time anymore, I'll see you later!

Cyrus: No you want, I never want to speak to you again!

That made Jonah look at Cyrus in shock, he couldn't imagine Cyrus not speaking to him. Then he remembered they hadn't been talking for a couple of days. He felt uneasy about the entire situation, but he wasn't going to be pushed around by anyone.

Jonah: That's fine by me!

Cyrus: Good, now go!

The boys went their separate ways. Cyrus was feeling hurt, but he wasn't going to be pushed around by anyone. He had only tried to support Jonah, but now he was over it.

Meanwhile Jonah didn't know what to think. He didn't want to argue with Cyrus, but if he didn't then he could lose motivation.

Andi was still sat in shock as she saw them leave. It was one of those moments that she wished never happened.

Buffy: What are we going to do?

Andi: What can we do? It's not really something we can help with.

Buffy: I disagree, we need to get them back together.

Andi: I want that, but it won't happen.

Buffy was going to do anything to repair the boy's friendship. She knew that she had to be tough on them both. She and Andi went to find Cyrus, and when they reached him, he was crying.

Buffy: Hey, this has gone on long enough.

Cyrus: What am I supposed to do? He hates me.

Andi: I don't really think he does deep down. He's just a bit annoyed about losing.

Cyrus: That's not my fault though!

Buffy: We know that. Do you want to be friends with him again?

Cyrus: I don't know.

*Time skip to next day*

Jonah was on his way to the next Space Otters game. He was feeling confident, but not as enthusiastic as he would normally be. Andi had agreed to watch the match and support him. It was not a good time as they lost again. Andi walked over to Jonah.

Andi: Are you okay?

Jonah: No, that was the worst performance ever!

Andi: What happened?

Jonah: I suppose... No, I KNOW that we lost because...

Andi: Because...

Jonah: I need Cyrus.

Andi tried not to let out an excited screech, and managed to keep control. She felt happy, because this could be an opportunity to get the boys talking again.

Andi: You need to sort this, it's not just affecting you and Cyrus.

Jonah: What do you mean?

Andi: It's hurting Buffy and I. We hate seeing you both like this.

This made Jonah think about consequences, and he was ready to admit that he overreacted to what Cyrus had done at the match before.

He walked with his head down in shame. He wasn't upset about losing the game, he was upset about losing Cyrus.

Andi took Jonah to the Spoon, and they saw Buffy and Cyrus were already there. They approached carefully.

Andi: Hey guys.

Buffy: Hi.

Cyrus: H-hi.

Jonah: Hey.

As Jonah took a seat next to Andi, and opposite Cyrus, he felt even more guilt at what had happened.

Cyrus: How was the game Jonah?

Jonah: W-we lost.

He expected Cyrus to smirk, for it had proven that Jonah was wrong, but instead Cyrus gave him a look of sympathy.

Cyrus: Oh.

Buffy: That's a shame.

Cyrus: What happened?

Jonah: I shouldn't have told you not to come... I-I need you Cyrus.

Buffy: Okay...

Cyrus looked at Jonah and saw that the other boy looked so vulnerable. He had never seen Jonah like this.

Cyrus: What's going on Jonah?

Jonah: I can't find my motivation without you Cyrus. In all honesty, I'd rather have you as my best friend and not play Ultimate.

Cyrus: This is my fault.

Jonah: Stop it, you know it's not.

Cyrus: If I hadn't gone overboard with my support, none of this would've happened.

The girls felt a little uncomfortable, but they were just glad to see Cyrus and Jonah talking without getting angry.

Jonah: I should've been more flattered. You always made an effort.

Cyrus: Anyone else would've done the same.

Jonah: No, they wouldn't. You gave up your spare time to help us, and I didn't appreciate it.

Cyrus: I know that you didn't mean to be. Sometimes your oblivious, but that's just one of the reasons I love you.

This took Jonah completely by surprise. No one had ever told him that they loved him before, and he could tell Cyrus meant it.

Jonah: That's... I... I love you too.

Jonah went around to Cyrus and hugged him, and it surprised no one that Cyrus hugged him back immediately. The girls were smiling in the background as the boys had finally made up. 

Thanks for reading.