The Wrong Number (Jyrus)

Jonah receives a random text message from Cyrus out of the blue by mistake, and wonders what prompted it to be sent.

Jonah was lying on his bed, it had been a very long day, and he wasn't really in the mood to do anything. The Good Hair Crew had gone out for the evening without inviting him, so he was a little upset.

All of a sudden his phone buzzed. He took it out of his pocket and saw the Cyrus had sent him a message. At first, Jonah was going to ignore it, as the Good Hair Crew ignored him first, but intrigue got the better of him.

Cyrus: Hi girls, I'm not sure how I can keep denying my truth. My crush on Jonah makes me feel bad. I've kept my feelings to myself, and each time I see him I know I'm lying to him. I really want to go out with him, but I know he'll say no. What should I do? I don't want to mess everything up x.

Jonah felt bad for not seeing how Cyrus felt about him. He didn't know what to do, as part of him wanted to talk in person, but he also considered texting Cyrus back there and then. After a few moments of thought, Jonah made his decision.

Jonah: Cyrus, I think you sent me that last message by mistake, but I'm really glad that you did. I feel so flattered that you feel that way about me. Will you talk to me in the morning? Please don't be ashamed, there's nothing to be ashamed about. Love you lots x.

After pressing send, Jonah felt a little anxious, and realised that he must've been feeling how Cyrus had felt for so long. He was going to try and make their conversation as painless as he possibly could. He then received a reply.

Cyrus: Jonah? OMG I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to tell you that, please don't hate me. The girls have seen our conversation.

Jonah began to feel worse, for his reply seemed to have made Cyrus worry. It was time to be a bit more assertive.

Jonah: Don't do this to yourself Cyrus, I can't wait to see you tomorrow x.

Cyrus: Ok x.

After that, Jonah felt that he would be able to sleep a little bit easier. He got under the covers and closed his eyes.

*Time skip to next morning*

Cyrus walked to school and met Buffy and Andi. It was a tough time for him, as he knew that his life could change with their next conversation.

Cyrus: What am I going to do?

Andi: What do you mean?

Cyrus: Jonah probably hates me now.

Buffy: No he doesn't. From what I read, he seems to feel very much the same way.

Cyrus: You really think so?

Andi: It's very obvious, so calm down.

Before Cyrus could reply, Jonah joined them. To Cyrus' surprise, Jonah was smiling with more enthusiasm than he had ever seen.

Jonah: Hey everyone!

Cyrus: H-hi!

Jonah: You always make me laugh.

Cyrus: Do I?

Jonah: Yes, never change.

Cyrus: Okay I won't.

Cyrus wanted to get this over with, because at that moment in time, everything just felt like torture. Fortunately, Jonah took the initiative.

Jonah: So I want to talk about your text message.

Cyrus: I know, I should've told you how I felt.

Jonah: I understand how tough it is, believe me.

Cyrus: But you are amazing, and confident. How could you find anything difficult?

Jonah: I wanted to tell you for the longest time that... I love you Cy.

Everyone was speechless, the girls looked on with shocked expressions, as they hadn't expected Jonah to be so forward with his feelings.

Cyrus: I love you to Jo.

Jonah: You know, I was wrong.

Cyrus: About what?

Jonah: I said sending that message was a mistake. It certainly wasn't.

Cyrus: Oh... Will you?.. um...

Jonah chuckled lightly as he saw Cyrus try and compose himself, but was patient, as he knew just how big a moment this was for the other boy.

Jonah: Will I?

Cyrus: Will you go out with me?

Jonah: Yes!

Cyrus: I don't know what to say.

Jonah: Don't say anything.

Cyrus: But---.

Cyrus discovered that Jonah wasn't going to let him finish, and quickly felt a pair of warm, soft lips against his own. It was the best feeling ever, and it lasted a long time.

Andi: Boys, this is cute, but take a breath!

Buffy: You have all the time in the world to kiss!

They parted, and then hugged. Jonah was not going to allow Cyrus to feel bad anymore. They were going to be a very happy couple and the envy of the whole school.

Hope you enjoyed.