Hurt My Feelings (Jyrus)

After breaking up with Amber, Jonah has a different outlook on his life. He finds comfort, which leads to a realisation.

It had finally happened. Amber had grown tired of Jonah playing with her feelings. Deep down, she knew it would never work out, but it didn't prevent her from hurting.

It wasn't that Jonah had meant to break her heart. He just wasn't feeling anything for her, and in many ways, he was relieved that it was now over.

In situations like this, there is really only one person Jonah would ever look to. Cyrus was the only one who understood him, and more importantly, the only one who could find a solution to most of Jonah's problems.

Jonah: I'm still shocked that Amber broke up with me.

Cyrus: How do you honestly feel about it?

Jonah: I guess I'm okay, as now I don't need to worry about dragging this along.

Cyrus: True, but I hope you also know that you can't lie to people. It breaks trust and causes nothing but heartbreak.

Jonah knew that Cyrus was a fountain of wisdom, and he couldn't argue with what he said. It was one of those things that only true friends understand.

Jonah: You're cute when you talk sense.

Immediately after saying it, Jonah went wide eyed and blushed. He wasn't sure what had made him say the words, but it wasn't as if he was being untruthful.

Cyrus: Excuse me?

Cyrus couldn't help but be puzzled, as Jonah's comment was out of the blue. He wasn't complaining though.

Jonah: I said you're cute.

Cyrus: I know that Jonah, but why did you say it?

Jonah wasn't sure how he should answer that question. His palms were sweaty, and he felt like something big was going to happen.

Jonah: Well...

Cyrus: I'm flattered, but confused at the same time.

Jonah: I shouldn't have said that, I'm only going to end up hurting your feelings.

Cyrus: It would only hurt my feelings if you told me that I wasn't cute and you didn't mean it.

Jonah: I did mean it.

Cyrus: Really Jonah?

It suddenly clicked to Jonah. All of the failed relationships, the heartbreak, the reluctance to commitment was all down to the fact that he wanted one person.

Jonah: Yes, I'm sorry if this makes you uncomfortable, but I like you Cyrus.

Cyrus: Wow, this is a lot to take in.

Jonah: I know, and you don't have to feel the same way.

Cyrus: Jonah, don't do this to yourself. I do like you too, I always have.

Jonah: Why did you never say anything.

Cyrus: Because I thought I was destined to be with someone else.

Jonah: Who?

Cyrus: TJ.

That made Jonah feel so jealous. He didn't want any other guy to be with Cyrus. He didn't get to think about this much, as TJ and Kira approached them.

TJ: Hi.

Jonah: Hello.

Kira: Hey guys.

Cyrus: Oh hi.

Kira: TJ and I were just going to practice, come on babe.

TJ: Okay, see ya guys!

As TJ and Kira walked on, Jonah felt happy, but Cyrus was still mad at TJ. He wanted to make sure that he would not end up being sad.

Cyrus: So can I try something?

Jonah: I guess that's okay?

Cyrus, feeling rather overconfident, grabbed Jonah roughly by the face and made their lips crash together. When they pulled away, Jonah felt doubtful.

Jonah: Cyrus, did you kiss me because you wanted to, or was it to stick it to TJ?

Cyrus: Jonah, I really wanted to kiss you, and I'm glad I did.

Jonah: Well, so am I.

TJ and Kira returned rather promptly, causing Cyrus to become upset and Jonah to go on the defensive.

TJ: Oh god Beck, now you're going to play with Cyrus' feelings?

Jonah: No, why would I do that?

Kira: Well it doesn't matter, you're both going to hell.

Jonah: Why don't you just shut up and leave me and my boyfriend alone!

Cyrus: Yeah, you heard my boyfriend!

TJ: Trust me, you're both doomed to fail.

Jonah: No we're not, we have each other.

Jonah was taken by surprise as he felt Cyrus' hand slip into his. It made him smile, and that made him know for sure that Cyrus was his destiny.

Hope you enjoyed this oneshot.

Let me know what you thought.